1.    #1  
    First off, I would like to thank everyone here...not just the veterans, but EVERYONE. I recently purchased a Treo 600 and all the tips and tricks here are much more helpful than any manual/CS/TS rep could EVER be. So again, thank you.

Now, on to my first question EVER (APPLAUSE!)

I have searched the boards, and can not for the life of me find a version of VeriChat that currently (as of September 21, 2004) works with the $4.99 T-Mobile TZones plan. I downloaded the version 2.2-whatever from another thread, but it cannot connect to any of my IM accounts.

Now, I know that certain versions of Verichat WILL work with T-Zones, as I have succesfully used, just today, a beta version...bad news is that the version I found only supports MSN and Yahoo! clients. The main reason I would be getting Verichat is to use the AIM feature.

So, to wrap up, does ANYONE know where to find a version of Verichat earlier than 2.2-whatever, that at the same time supports TZones AND AIM? I would be forever in your debt...

Thank you all,
    Brady
    Yes, Verichat supports TZones and I think all IMs too. Send them an email and they should get back to you.

Causerie 2.0 by default supports Tzones...
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsocrates
    Yes, Verichat supports TZones and I think all IMs too. Send them an email and they should get back to you.

Causerie 2.0 by default supports Tzones...
    Tmobile recently turned off access to TCP port 80 (wap requests only are processed on that port), so I think you are SOL, unless you can switch to an open port (like 110, 143, 25, 993 etc) on the software.

I had to get 19.99 internet plan for it to work again.

there are many threads on this over at howardforums.com, tmobile section

Edited to reflect proper port#'s
    Last edited by blacknoi; 01/13/2005 at 12:59 PM.
    What is 243 - never heard about it. I think Verichat runs on 80 and Causerie on 110.
    Don't think verichat uses 80. Ask PDAapps for T Zones build, and it will work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsocrates
    What is 243 - never heard about it. I think Verichat runs on 80 and Causerie on 110.
    Sorry, open ports on 4.99/9.99 tzones:
    25, 110, 143, 993

All others are shut down (in most markets, all eventually).

WAP browsing on port 80 will still work.
    I'm using Verichat on my Treo 600 with T-Mobile service, but on the $19.99 plan. I'm not sure if there's something different about the $19 vs $4 plan, but I would think that you could easily burst over the size limit and pay a lot of money if you're not using the unlimited plan. I just downloaded it last week and I got from Handango.com. Once I loaded the app, it immediately said that there was a newer version available and asked if I wanted to download the current version (all from the phone itself). It then proceeded to download the new version and soft-reset the phone and it was loaded and worked immediately. I'm using AIM & MSN all at the same time. I have to say that it's a truly great app...You can have it dial a buddy's phone number right from the chat and send files from the phone. The version that I have is 2.52b. Here is the link in handango to verichat:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=64828

One word of caution...during the Verichat setup when it asks to link Verichat to your sms, e-mail, or anything else (to notify you that someone has im'd you)...be careful!!! When I first got my e-mail working using T-mobile, it would send me a text message everytime I got an e-mail and then I got a $300 phone bill b/c I didn't have a text plan setup at that point.