the market.

For your information, the PCS Phone by Treo 650 will be launched in
    late
    November 2004. This is an estimated time duration. When the handset
    will be launched in the market, you will be notified through a high
    profile promotion. You may keep checking our Web site for any further
    updates on this.

http://www.sprintpcs.com

It was a pleasure to serve you. Have a great day.

Leslie S.
    Sprint eCare
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IFITHASTOBEPALM
    For your information, the PCS Phone by Treo 650 will be launched in late November 2004.
    Strange wording. "PCS Phone by Treo 650"?
    Makes sense that they would wait until the Christmas season before putting out. No surprises here.

K
    Late November seems to be a little on the late side to get it out for Christmas for me. Maybe I just do my shopping earlier.
    My wife does all the x-mas shopping and she is done by thanksgiving.
    Well, looks like my Sprint Manager was correct when he told me that the 650 would be available "around Christmastime." Looks like I was first to break the correct availability date!!!! Although the thread I started sure went downhill, lol.

I agree that it would be better if the 650 was out before Thanksgiving. Not that many people would buy a gift phone for Christmas that early necessarily, but they do shop and look at the ads then.

As it turns out with my current contract, my 18 month discount date with Sprint hits in December, so that is when I will be getting the 650 anyway.
    Sprint, notoriously, keeps their "big boys" wrapped a tight as a present under the tree and they run the promotions thru the new year. The "late November" date was a guesstimate, at best. I predict the 650 launch during the 3rd Monday of November, just in time for the biggest shopping day of the year....the Day After Thanksgiving
    I'm not sure if I can hold my breath for so long!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Well, looks like my Sprint Manager was correct when he told me that the 650 would be available "around Christmastime." Looks like I was first to break the correct availability date!!!! Although the thread I started sure went downhill, lol.

I agree that it would be better if the 650 was out before Thanksgiving. Not that many people would buy a gift phone for Christmas that early necessarily, but they do shop and look at the ads then.

As it turns out with my current contract, my 18 month discount date with Sprint hits in December, so that is when I will be getting the 650 anyway.
    Yea midmofan you and 1/2 of all contracts renew in the fourth quater.. account for the pressure to release "the newest greatest" around Christmas... I've found other means to obtain new devices before carriers anounce it... but price is usually $$

... Found a side beside comparasion at the following link.. http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/08/treo_650_600_si.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pw7fam
    Yea midmofan you and 1/2 of all contracts renew in the fourth quater.. account for the pressure to release "the newest greatest" around Christmas... I've found other means to obtain new devices before carriers anounce it... but price is usually $$

... Found a side beside comparasion at the following link.. http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/08/treo_650_600_si.html
    What other means?
    That is the standard response from SPCS for phone release date inquiries. I've yet to see ANY of the phones be announced though a "hig profile promotion." The only phone I can think of is the Samsung A700, but the promotion was done by Samsung.

However, they very rarely give you any dates, so maybe this is a good sign.
    Sprint reps always quote late, which make sense. Nobody want to be responsible for quoting the companies true estimated ship date. "Late November" was what Sprint reps quoted me last year for the 600, and I got it in mid-October. I expect the same this year.
    For what it's worth, I just called Sprint customer service (to ask when I can get my retention rebate) and the rep said he has no idea when the 650 will be out, nor did he even know what it was. He also said that there was nothing in the computer on it. Go figure.
    I called this number...1-888-253-1315

that TxDot posted three times and had two sprint reps give the same "late November" info saying it is a document showing new and discontinued phones. The third didn't have a clue and didn't want to help.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ...why I have to wait so dang long to get through to a Sprint rep on the phone!

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Wasn't the sprint treo 600 offered by handspring a full month or so before it was offered by SPCS? I would expect Palmone to do the same with the 650 so they can reap the full financial benefit by being the first and only to sell the 650 for a month or two. After the initial release every one who was ready to jump on the 650 will have one, and then palmone will release inventory to be sold through sprint stores.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Anyone else willing to bet that the original post is fabricated?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Nope