1.    #1  
    If anyone is interested, here is a side-by-side picture of the old RIM product, the Treo 600, and the new RIM product. Looks pretty cool, although I personally would never give up my Treo for a RIM.
    No QWERTY keyboard? I don't think many RIM users would even consider a RIM without a keyboard... The form factor looks nicer, though- will be a lot more functional as a phone than the old ones could. Of course that could just be me being partial to the Treo
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFehr
    No QWERTY keyboard? I don't think many RIM users would even consider a RIM without a keyboard... The form factor looks nicer, though- will be a lot more functional as a phone than the old ones could. Of course that could just be me being partial to the Treo

looks like it is a QWERTY keyboard - except that each key represents two letters - perhaps they are each little rockers that allow you to type a different letter depending on if you hit it towards the left or right?

Looks totally strange - but then again before I actually used a TREO 600, I was sure the keys were way too small for my hands, and now I know they work perfectly...
    Quote Originally Posted by tripm
    looks like it is a QWERTY keyboard - except that each key represents two letters - perhaps they are each little rockers that allow you to type a different letter depending on if you hit it towards the left or right?

Looks totally strange - but then again before I actually used a TREO 600, I was sure the keys were way too small for my hands, and now I know they work perfectly...
    Actually, it uses predictive software with a 30,000 word dictionary and the ability to learn your own usages, to figure out which of the two letters you intended when you hit a key. I have no personal experience with this phone, but all the reviews indicate that the software works pretty well.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    As long as the predictive text works well, I would have no problem with something like this. I had a Motorola phone earlier this year that was very good at predicting my intended words, and learned as I corrected its mistakes. I would assume this would do the same, but with only 2 letters per button it should increase the accuracy in predicting...hell, it may work better than the Treo's keyboard for most of us with larger hands.

Bluetooth...this may make me give this RIM a shot. I won't be selling the Treo...yet...but if it is good enough the bluetooth might win me over.
    I'm actually tempted by the new Blackberry. If only to avoid using Sprint Business Connection to get my work email. The camera, add-on apps and MP3 ability is what keep me on the Treo team for now.
    Let's hope RIM have addressed the poor attachment support in their product...
    www.gsmworld.com