1.    #1  
    http://www.mobimate.com/worldmate/pro/index.shtml

Look at Devices supported: Treo 600/650
    can someone help me out here. how do posts like these help towards the discussions. whooooo so another comapny knows the 650 is coming out. AND.....?!!?!??!
    Lighten up swifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty
    can someone help me out here. how do posts like these help towards the discussions. whooooo so another comapny knows the 650 is coming out. AND.....?!!?!??!

I did not know every post had to help. Is that a rule written down somewhere?
    Yeah swift...let dean have fun. Go pick on somebody else.
    and your post helped in what way exactly??
    I'll even take a shot at the wise question. Presumably the company doesn't just know about the Treo 650, but they have tested their software for compatibility with it. Combining this knowledge with knowing when in the release cycle other companies get the hardware for testing allows us to guess when the release of the Treo 650 might be.
    ok guys this is the new chilled swifty here...

i guess your right bmac. it's just getting annoying i guess that palm have such tight lip about it all when it's SO clear that the machine is coming out so soon.
    Dunno why you're annoyed at Palm. They're doing what they think is best for their company, to maximize their profits. I dunno if they are right or wrong and, respectfully, I imagine neither do you.

What's there to be annoyed at? It's our own curiosity which is getting the better of us. Let's be annoyed at ourselves if we have to be annoyed at someone.
    Are we Palms marketing plan?
    Every pixel a picasso
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhgreen
    In my sincere belief, yes.
    Slightly off topic, but does it bother the nay-sayers that PLMO posted profit off what must be largely T600 sales?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grahamhgreen

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    In my sincere belief, yes.

Sit me down and take my temperature - I've found something I agree with Seldom on 100%,

All kidding aside, we are an important part of Palm's (and formerly Handspring's) marketing machine. The overzealous early adopters (come on, admit it, it's the first step of your successful 10 step program) whip up the tech and financial press, and give the product a level of interest it otherwise would not justify to the average Joe on the street. Look at Hawkins' "product placement" at the merger party this time last year - we all went berserk even making up paper mock-ups of the T600.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk6235
    Slightly off topic, but does it bother the nay-sayers that PLMO posted profit off what must be largely T600 sales?
    Nope - however it was largely PDA sales - much to PLMO's discredit. In fact, their projections on future sales ratios suggest the PDA side, not the TREO side, will continue being the one on which they must rely contrary to what they had projected.

The Market is not pleased.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Nope - however it was largely PDA sales - much to PLMO's discredit. In fact, their projections on future sales ratios suggest the PDA side, not the TREO side, will continue being the one on which they must rely contrary to what they had projected.

The Market is not pleased.
    Short sided. Business will natuarally gravitate to fast communication. That can ONLY be the PDA/phone combo. Blackberry is wonderful but limited. Fully integrated messaging involving push email and text messages are the ultimate answer. Palm is poised to deliver.

Dennis -==- Philly
    I seriously doubt Palm needs to market to anyone on this forum. No more than a crack dealer does to one of their customers anyway.