1.    #1  
    BTW, scheduled for 10/4/05 publication? -a day ahead of one rumored anouncement date?

http://www.forbes.com/columnists/fre.../1004/113.html
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    This article, along with Mossberg's recent reviews of would-be Treo killers, offers yet more logic for why P1 has continued to feel comfortable withholding info about the upcoming T650.

Coming up on a year after its launch (and over a year since it was first officially casually unveiled by Hawkins) many, many tech analysts in the press (and it would appear customers too based on today's P1 financial results) still prefer the Treo 600 to even the latest new smartphones from Nokia, RIM, HP and other tech heavies.

Join me in putting on your MBA cap for a moment: If you still had the superior product according to many (if not most) and it was still selling well would you be "under pressure" to go open kimono like P1's competitors well in advance of releasing the nextgen version? "Absolutely not" I can just imagine Harvard strategy guru Michael Porter thundering years from now as he proselytizes to little, wet behind the ears HBS newbies as they debate the Treo/PalmOne case study.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    This article, along with Mossberg's recent reviews of would-be Treo killers, offers yet more logic for why P1 has continued to feel comfortable withholding info about the upcoming T650.

Coming up on a year after its launch (and over a year since it was first officially casually unveiled by Hawkins) many, many tech analysts in the press (and it would appear customers too based on today's P1 financial results) still prefer the Treo 600 to even the latest new smartphones from Nokia, RIM, HP and other tech heavies.

Join me in putting on your MBA cap for a moment: If you still had the superior product according to many (if not most) and it was still selling well would you be "under pressure" to go open kimono like P1's competitors well in advance of releasing the nextgen version? "Absolutely not" I can just imagine Harvard strategy guru Michael Porter thundering years from now as he proselytizes to little, wet behind the ears HBS newbies as they debate the Treo/PalmOne case study.

uuuuhhhhh, yea that makes sense
    Palm makes an excellent case study...much to be learned by their errors.
    Aren't we all getting tired of cerrtain stock board posters in here trying to manipulate the PalmOne stock prices?
    What does this have to do with stock prices? I would have thought you'd hear more stuff mentioned in the analyst call today if you wanted to manipulate stock prices.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Aren't we all getting tired of cerrtain stock board posters in here trying to manipulate the PalmOne stock prices?
    FWIW, I've never owned nor shorted Palm stock. I still use a 270 every weekday but I'm actually tired of the Palm OS. Yet, while I'm itching for a real competitor I keep running into reviews of pretenders.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    glad you emphasize the "trying" given how great a job the P1 short sellers are doing this year
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    "If you still had the superior product according to many (if not most)"

Very subjective!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    Very subjective!!!!!
    while I do not claim to have conducted an exhaustive tally of the preferences of all the various tech pundits out there, it seems to me that a lot of them consider the Treo the top product in its class.

a sampling of course can be found right on P1s website: http://palmone.com/us/products/smart...00/reviews.epl
    Off to iPhone land...