Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any way to confirm from the serial number that it was a new one and not a refurb?
    dial #786 on your phone (I think this only works on Sprint and Verizon) and scroll down: look for "refurb status" on the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    dial #786 on your phone (I think this only works on Sprint and Verizon) and scroll down: look for "refurb status" on the screen
    What do mean when you say "dial #786" I dialed that on my phone which has sprint and it thinks it's a phone number and I get the automated operator telling me it's not a working number.

Sorry to be so thick!
  4.    #4  
    I'm on Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by rucksdashel
    What do mean when you say "dial #786" I dialed that on my phone which has sprint and it thinks it's a phone number and I get the automated operator telling me it's not a working number.

Sorry to be so thick!
    It's ##786
    Yes: serial number DOES reveal manufacturing date, according to TechnoMaven on AT&T Treo boards. Here's a quote from TM's post:
    http://awscs.lithium.com/attws/board...ge.id=828#M828

example: HAGAD4061A157 - the 4 is for 2004, 06 is for week 06, and 1 is for the first day of the week. So any serial number that has 406 or greater starting in character 6, has the fix applied. (ie HAGAD4081A157 would have the fix)"
    _________

hope that helps. -drixton
    MVT:
    forgot to ask. I'm currently embroiled in a war with palmOne: they sent me a defective refurb to replace my defective original, and now their proposed solution is to send me yet another refurb. They insist that it's "just not possible" to send me a new one. I am seething. Can't believe this company is treating me so badly. How did you get them to send a new one? thx for any help.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I believe on GSM phones it is #*786 then push dial
  9.    #9  
    drixton:

I got 6 refurbs in a row. After 6, they said that I had risen to a Level 3 agent...the Level 3 agent said they were going to send me a new one. I'm trying to figure out if this is a new or refurb so I can yell at them some more!
    yeah, my bad - ##786

What "fix" are you refering to? My serial is ***D403...
  11.    #11  
    #*786 returns a "Life Timer" and Software Rev.

The Life Timer suggests that it is not new....grrr. It is saying 344 minutes (I assume this means phone minutes and not powered on minutes. I have yet to make a telephone call.
  12.    #12  
    I am laughing my *** off right now....just got off the phone with Palm. For some reason, they expected me to believe this was new even though it has a lifetime timer that shows someone used it for like 7 hours. I asked them if they could tell me what it was returned for the first time and they played dumb.

This is a hell of a way to stay in business.

They are "sending me a new one" again which means I can wait a week only to find out another one has a life-timer with minutes on it already.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    What was the phone number you called to get a replacement sent to you? Or, where can I find the phone number?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  14.    #14  
    1-877-426-3777

Then dial option 1, dial option 1 again, and whatever provider you have...
    [QUOTE=MVT The Life Timer suggests that it is not new....grrr.[/QUOTE]
    Let me get this straight - my Life Time shows my minutes as 006494. My serial number includes the date 4051 representing a manufacturing date of the first day of the fifth week of 2004. I switched to Sprint for the sole purpose of getting the Treo so I bought the phone at the Sprint store. My monthly minutes are 600 and I NEVER come close to using all my minutes. I started with Sprint in April of 2004 and based on Sprint's records, my Life Time minutes add up to 2,318. So if I have this straight, the NEW phone that I got in April had 4,176 minutes already logged on it!

Do I have this right? When I bought my NEW treo 600 at the Sprint store with PalmOne branded on it it had been used for 4,176 minutes already?

If that is right, who is responsible for getting me a NEW phone - Sprint or PalmOne?
    i am waiting for a replacement to show up. i wonder should i really expecting to get a brand new or a refurb for replacement?
    from palmone web site, it said the replacement would be a reconditioned unit.
    Isn't it possible the life time shows minutes the phone has been on or something else other than used minutes?
    Isn't there a line that says whether it's a refurb or not?
    oooooooooo i got mine yesterday...hmm thanks for the tip..im assumign it is refurbed...and well the funny thing is, the unit they sent me is worst than the unit im using now (which is behaving himself quite nicely)

gotta call back palmone tomorrow
    my present serial number is 4107...thats good right?

thats on the unit i bought from rogers, and not from palmone
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    my present serial number is 4107...thats good right?

thats on the unit i bought from rogers, and not from palmone
    it means the mfg date is March 7, 2004.
    i am getting a replacement which is few weeks after my original one. i hope i can receive it by this evening (it said i should get it by 3pm)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast