1.    #1  
    I'm using Goodlink on my T600. While I'm very satisifed with the exchange support, I'm rather unhappy with the default contacts that seem to take over the phone. Is there any way to get the default Treo Contact Manager back? I have no problem manually hotsyncing my contact list, but it appears as if the GoodLink software overwrites this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    --Mike
    I believe if you delete Good Contacts, it will revert to the default Treo Contact app. This also works for Good Calendar, which is the most god-awful calendar application. Email is great, though...
    BC
    sabbota - did you delete these applications as recommended? can you share your experiences? I am trying to decide whether to switch to Goodlink or not right now, and when I had it in the past the non-email apps sucked. I also use third-party software as a front-end (KeySuite) and am wondering if there is a way I can still use that interface if I swtich to Good (mainly for email anyway)

thanks
    you can delete the GoodContact.prc file, then do a Hotsync with 'desktop overwrites handheld' (to reinstall the contacts from the backed up file, from your last HotSync), and then you'll be running the core contacts app.
    There have been threads on this in the past - run a search for 'deleting Good contact app' or something like that...
    I also posted this in the Communications forum, so forgive me, but I thought I would respond to nrosser, if that's okay.

I just had Goodlink installed yesterday. While I love some of the functionality of replying to meeting invites, and hyperlinking all phone numbers and web addresses (not to mention the amazing email that actually works!!!!), I cannot believe how inanely lame, useless, terrible, and valueless the Good apps are - you mean to tell me I cannot even choose a category to put a newly created task or calendar item in? That is so basic as to defy logic. I had previously used KeySuite, which although not using the native apps, was awesome, allowed mutliple categories per item, had a very good UI, etc. So I had to set out immediately trying to see if I could just keep the mail portion and dump everything else.

After searching, I found this thread. Maybe I am confused, but when I use FileZ to go to look at the files as discussed above, there are multiple with slightly similar names and for some reason I can't see the .prc extensions for anything. There are some different attributes of the files ("ResourceDB", "Open", etc., but I don't know enough to understand what these mean). Here are my files, filtering for "address" for instance, and eliminating a bunch of the small, seemingly inconsequential file names:

name, type, creator
    AddressBook_addr_appl_68, addr, a68k
    AddressDB , DATA , addr
    GoodAddressBookApp , appl , addr
    GoodAddressBookApp_addr_appl_a6, addr, a68k
    GoodAddresses , data , GDLK

I am a little afraid to just start deleting things so any help you guys could provide would be terrific.

Thanks!
    Last edited by masseyc_99; 11/11/2004 at 07:55 AM. Reason: type-os
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    you can delete the GoodContact.prc file, then do a Hotsync with 'desktop overwrites handheld' (to reinstall the contacts from the backed up file, from your last HotSync), and then you'll be running the core contacts app.
    There have been threads on this in the past - run a search for 'deleting Good contact app' or something like that...
    a couple of questions.
    1) First what do you use to sync the core contacts with outlook. i was told last year by Good (when I first loaded Good) that I had to delete pocket mirror because of know conflicts. So how would I sync those contacts (or calendar, to do's etc..) from outlook.
    2)Do use lose intergrated contact/email features like the contact drop down menu in the 'To' field?
    3)Last is there a way to keep the core contacts in the palm data base and keep them sync (as a back up). I currently have that data base (accesible from my apps) but again (as stated above) don't know how to sync it, since I am afraid of conflicts. Any sugestions?
    thx...
    guys - I have to admit that I don't know a ton on this stuff. Your best bet is to search on 'deleting Good contacts app' or something. I know there have been many threads on this in the past....