1.    #1  
    Has anyone had a problem with installing Word Complete 3.1 (from CIC ) on the Treo 600? I just got a Treo a few weeks ago and realized I missed WordComplete which I have had forever. I downloaded an upgrade and tried to install but when I was asked to reset after the Hot Synch I got into the Looping Reset Hell I have heard about on these chats. I had also downloaded the UK AOL AIM files which I understand also causes looping resets. I went the hard reset route and finally deleted both files which seems to have taken care of the problem. I can live without the AIM but I would like to try again with Word Complete but I am a little gun shy. If anyone has experienced problems with this application I would like to hear about it before I take the plunge again.

Thanks
    Word Complete has a conflict w/Bazer. It's posted on their web site.
    Hope this help.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Trying to find a text completion program. I like how Word Complete pops up right next to the cursor with word suggestions. Problem is that the 5-way doesn't work with this program on my 600. When I press up or down to select a word it jumps 2 spaces so I can't select the word in the middle. When I do land on a word I want to insert and press the center button, nothing happens. The pop up disappears but no word is inserted. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkrebs11
    Trying to find a text completion program. I like how Word Complete pops up right next to the cursor with word suggestions. Problem is that the 5-way doesn't work with this program on my 600. When I press up or down to select a word it jumps 2 spaces so I can't select the word in the middle. When I do land on a word I want to insert and press the center button, nothing happens. The pop up disappears but no word is inserted. Any ideas?

Try TextPlus . It works well. I beleive it also has a compatibility problem with Blazer, but you can exclude Blazerfrom working with it so there isnt a problem.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Word Complete has a conflict w/Blazer. It's posted on their web site.
    Hope this help.

Just to clarify, Word Complete conflicts w/Blazer. If the Word Complete is enabled, and you try to launch Blazer, it crashes.
    I've purchased both Word Complete and Textplus. The latter works very well on the Treo 600 but it can be problematic when I need to "shift" and make non-alpha characters. For example, if I enter a "2", it will think that the word I'm trying to make starts with the letter "r". Also, it is hard to put a comma after some words because the option key doesn't always register resulting in the letter "m".