1.    #1  
    Does anyone use this service for email notification? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Does anyone use this service for email notification? Thanks.
    Yes, I have a filter set up so if anyone in my family e-mails me, it'll send me an SMS through Yahoo Mobile, and alert me to go check my e-mail. Very nice feature.
    not finding yourself being sms spammed or getting any additional email spam?
    Quote Originally Posted by giggity
    not finding yourself being sms spammed or getting any additional email spam?
    None at all that I can remember. It's been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Yes, I have a filter set up so if anyone in my family e-mails me, it'll send me an SMS through Yahoo Mobile, and alert me to go check my e-mail. Very nice feature.
    Nighthawk700 - did you place multiple email addresses in the first Yahoo filter field and title the filter "family"?? How did you set this up? If multiple emails, did you seperate them by comma or space and comma or semicolon? No guidance on Yahoo's site for this. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Nighthawk700 - did you place multiple email addresses in the first Yahoo filter field and title the filter "family"?? How did you set this up? If multiple emails, did you seperate them by comma or space and comma or semicolon? No guidance on Yahoo's site for this. Thank you.
    I don't think you can put multiple things in each filter (it does an "and" search, everything has to be true). Basically I have it set as:

If From Contains "My_Last_Name" Then MoveMessageTo INBOX - And check off "Send an alert to my Mobile Device."

(I put in my own last name, not My_Last_Name). My wife's family rarely ever e-mails me. They aren't as computer chatty as my side of the family. And everyone in my family has their e-mail set up so it includes their name in the "From" header, so the filter works for me.

The only problem I had was that there is one guy in my motorcycle club who, although unrelated, has the same last name, so I set up a prior filter to put club e-mail (a Yahoo Group, so it has the club name in the subject) in another e-mail folder, and since filters are applied in order, it weeds him out so I don't get notifications of his messages anymore.

I also set up a filter that if Subj contains "Pager" put in inbox and send an alert to my mobile device. I then tell my friends if they need to reach me in a hurry, to e-mail me, and include pager in the subject, then my phone will page me.

If you are still having problems, send me an e-mail in a PM and we can talk about this more directly.
    Thank you knighthawk. That makes sense. Great way to find out what is happening with Yahoo mail. Thanks again for the explanation.
    I"ve had my filter set up for quite sometime now and it as close to PUSH as I'm going to get.

My filter contains my email name and then I get a SMS message for All my emails. Anything important I will retrieve immediately, otherwise it can wait for Snapper to do it's automatic polling, which is set for every hour