1.    #1  
    An Ultra Secure Digital Memory card is supposed to have faster transfer rates than a regular Secure Digital card.

Will an Ultra card allow faster transfers while "playing" DVD's, MP3's or playing other multi-media?

I guess my question is, will an Ultra give me any advantage when playing multi-media or is the advantage only in copying aand saving data?

Last edited by Triple xXx; 09/19/2004 at 06:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    My guess is that the bus on the Treo is already so slow that Ultra won't make a significant difference, but I'm just guessing on that. There are programs that will allow you to see how fast an SD card is; search the SD(IO) forums to see if anyone's benchmarked the difference.
    I have noticed a major difference using a high speed card when recording voice directly to the card and playing back voice recordings from the card so I think the speed of the card does make a difference.
    yea ultra cards do make a difference
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  5.    #5  
    Cool! Thanks!