Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    ... it takes so long to charge the battery on the Treo? I received a replacement for my original and it prompted me to ask this question as I had the same issue with my original.

Why does it take so long to charge the battery on the Treo? It was at 91% and I decided to top it off before I left my office. Fourtyfive minutes later... it's at 99%.

I don't recall having any other device that took this long to charge.

ALSO - Has anyone tried the extended battery from PDA Parts?
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    Maybe an always on data connection or the screen being on for an extended period of time. I have the screen set to shut off after 30 seconds. As for charging, take about 30 minutes for mine to go from 80 or so to 95 or so. Ben
    I installed it, and the difference was barely noticable, and wasn't worth the money, the trouble, or the voided warantee.

To top things off, after a little more than two months, the first significant drop onto the floor killed the battery, and now I am back to the original.

Final word: not worth it.
    Lithium Ion batteries don't charge linerarly. It may only take two hours to charge from 20% to 95% but might take another 6 to get the last 5%.

It might also be that your Treo's battery guage isn't properly calibrated. It should self-calibrate from use if that's the problem. Or it could be a malfunction; see if it you keep noticing a problem or if it only happens on a top-off.