Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found there has 2 orange dead spots on my treo screen. my heart stopped for few seconds, and i thought they were just some dirt.sigh.

would PalmOne replace my unit as I just received it from PalmOne in April 2004.

or should i just make up some reasons and request PalmOne to replace my unit?

thanks
    Last edited by superfire; 09/18/2004 at 07:03 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I found more orange dead spots on my Treo today. I wonder what's going on. it is like a virus going on... sigh..

i think i need to call PalmOne to get a replacement.

For the "repair and return", do I have to send my Treo back and waiting for them to repair and send back?? I think for $25 bucks, i might go with the Advance Exchange.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Hey, I noticed yesterday a bright spot on my screen. It's easily seen when the screen is on. Is that the begining of a dead spot on my T600?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  4.    #4  
    a bright spot? what color?
    i am not sure the yellow / orange spots are dead spot, i just "thought" they might be dead spot.

i am getting a replacement and they are going to ship one to me on 9/24/2004. i just need to make sure they send me the unlocked version. they asked me which provider I use. i told them other, bc i do not want me to have a confusion if i tell them i use TMO, they might direct me back to TMO.
    since i bought the phone directly from PalmOne, it should be fine to use any unlocked treo600 on any carriers anyway. as long as they do not send me a SPRINT or non-gsm carriers phone. LOL
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    It's not really any color. It's in the top right hand button of the #1 button on the screen. It just that one spot that has a increased intensity on the screen. It's like there's an extra light behind the screen on that spot.
    Is this a GSM thing? I had a AT&T GSM phone which I returned (I'm sticking with VZW) and noticed one annoying spot at the bottom of the screen. Other than that, it was a good phone with a TERRIFIC camera. I haven't noticed any spots on my VZW phone but that doesn't mean that CDMA phones are immune.
    I had the bright spot affect my phone. It was very small and didnt seem to spread, nor did it become orange. I took it back to Sprint and they replaced it under warranty. No questions asked.

As to the orange spots, I am not sure what might cause those, but there have been a lot of TC users experiencing them. Do a quick search and I think that you might find what your looking for.
    Just call PalmOne and let them know what the problem is with the screen. It is a well known problem. They will send you a replacement unit on an advance exchange. Then you send the spotted T600 back to PalmOne. You need to give them a credit card number in case you don't send your T600 back. They pay all shipping costs.
    I have done this twice so far for the same problem.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    It's not really any color. It's in the top right hand button of the #1 button on the screen. It just that one spot that has a increased intensity on the screen. It's like there's an extra light behind the screen on that spot.
    the yellow spots on my treo are under #1 button too
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by drpinkydo
    Just call PalmOne and let them know what the problem is with the screen. It is a well known problem. They will send you a replacement unit on an advance exchange. Then you send the spotted T600 back to PalmOne. You need to give them a credit card number in case you don't send your T600 back. They pay all shipping costs.
    I have done this twice so far for the same problem.
    thanks. i called to PalmOne and they sent me one on advance exchange. i was told it would be shipping out on 9/24/2004. hope i can get it soon.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Is this a GSM thing?

As you can see from the other posts, It's not. I'm with Sprint. Got my Treo in Feb of this year. I didn't expect to be having physical problems already.
    If you have problems with a phone purchased from Sprint (or any affiliated reseller), you need to bring it to a sprint store. I would be inclined to say that they will replace it with a reconditioned phone within a few days, without charge, since it is within 1 year of purchase.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    thanks. i called to PalmOne and they sent me one on advance exchange. i was told it would be shipping out on 9/24/2004. hope i can get it soon.

What number did you call? My white spot is turning yellow.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    What the hell is going on with my Treo now? While on a call just now, I went to pull a call from my log and the screen was almost pitch black! You could barley see the numbers on the screen. It looke like the screen had almost faded away. Has anyone heard of or experienced this??
  15.    #15  
    i called the number from PalmOne support website. mine unit is for "other gsm" so I called PalmOne directly. if you purchased it from TMO, call tmo; if you bought it from sprint, call sprint. that is what they said from their website.

good luck.
  16.    #16  
    and i hope i am getting a brand new replacement but the change is very very slim. i just hope id o not get a busted one out-of-the-box. what pissed me off is i really do not expect anything should be happened to the treo 600 if it is only under normal use. i have had it since april 22nd, it is almost 5 months. i actually used it for 2 months. and might i get a refurb for the replacement, it would suck a lot.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Okay, someone help me. I called P1's support number and when I finally got to a real person, she told me I had to call Sprint cause that's who my Treo's with. The number I called was 408-503-7000. Is there a number that I can call where someone at P1 really wants to help?
  18.    #18  
    Okay, someone help me. I called P1's support number and when I finally got to a real person, she told me I had to call Sprint cause that's who my Treo's with. The number I called was 408-503-7000. Is there a number that I can call where someone at P1 really wants to help?
    did you buy your phone from Sprint? from what I understand, if you got ur phone from your wireless provider, you would have to go back to your wireless provider for an exchange. i bought it directly from PalmOne so I went back to P1 for an exchange.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    did you buy your phone from Sprint? from what I understand, if you got ur phone from your wireless provider, you would have to go back to your wireless provider for an exchange. i bought it directly from PalmOne so I went back to P1 for an exchange.
    Oh, that's probably the issue. I bought mine form BestBuy. I went by the "Sprint Store", today and I dropped my Treo off. They told me to come back in 2 hours. I'll see what's up then.
  20.    #20  
    Oh, that's probably the issue. I bought mine form BestBuy. I went by the "Sprint Store", today and I dropped my Treo off. They told me to come back in 2 hours. I'll see what's up then.
    good luck in your replacement and pls keep us updated on the unit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast