Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    The bastards didn't do anything about my phone. All they did was tell me that BriteCam was causing my screen to go black when I'm on a call and that the yellowish spot on my screen was from too much pressure on that spot and they told me "Thank you for using Sprint, come again." No replacement ordered or anything. They just handed me my phone back. What do I do now? Do I use the ERP or call Tech Support or what?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  2.    #22  
    did u buy the Best Buy extended warranty? if so, bring it back to bestbuy and ask for a replacement. i cannot believe sprint refused to give u a replacement. i would do a hard reset on the treo, took it back to other sprint, and ask for the replacement. ask for their replacement / repair policy. do they cover the yellow dot things? seems Palm does cover the yellow dot things and seems it is a known issue.

if it does not work, call P1 for a replacement. since sprint is not a GSM provider, i am not sure if you tell them u use the treo with "other" provider or not. they might send u a GSM phone rather than a sprint.

do you have sprint insurance? may be u need to claim. i have tmo insurance, but i do not want to use it as i have to pay for the deduceable. i will wait till 12 months warranty expired from p1 then i will use the insurance to cover it.

good luck.
    I have a sprint T600, but I bought mine used from someone. I too have the spot over the '1' button, what should I do?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    I have a sprint T600, but I bought mine used from someone. I too have the spot over the '1' button, what should I do?
    seems lot of ppl who have the yellow dots and those dots are around the #1. anyone else happen to have the yellow dots in other areas?

i suggest you to call Sprint to check what they can do for you first. unless u can get the original seller who is willing to call for you and help u to get a replacement thou, otherwise, it could be tough. do u have any sprint insurance in ur acct so you can claim?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I do have the insurance with sprint but just like superfire said, I'm trying to avoid the deductible. Also I hate to make a claim now when I may have a chance of waiting a few months and making a claim and getting the 650 as a replacement.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    I do have the insurance with sprint but just like superfire said, I'm trying to avoid the deductible. Also I hate to make a claim now when I may have a chance of waiting a few months and making a claim and getting the 650 as a replacement.
    wish you luck on the getting a 650 as a replacement. i sure would love so but i do not think that is possible in any time soon. may be after a yr or so after all treo 600 out of stocks.
    Haha! I hear that!
    I have insurance with Sprint which was on my Sanyo 8100. I used it once already when I dropped it and the battery fell off down a storm drain. Since the battery was $70 I just opted to get a new phone for $35 lol!
    Anywho... Anyone know if the insurance carried over to my Treo 600? I just recently had service switched from my Sanyo to my Treo and when I log into SprintPCS.com it shows the Treo as my current phone, so does that mean insurance is with my Treo now?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Haha! I hear that!
    I have insurance with Sprint which was on my Sanyo 8100. I used it once already when I dropped it and the battery fell off down a storm drain. Since the battery was $70 I just opted to get a new phone for $35 lol!
    Anywho... Anyone know if the insurance carried over to my Treo 600? I just recently had service switched from my Sanyo to my Treo and when I log into SprintPCS.com it shows the Treo as my current phone, so does that mean insurance is with my Treo now?

Yes, the insurance is for whatever phone Sprint shows you are using as long as you continue to pay the $4. That's my experience anyway.
    Woooohoooo! lol!
    I dont wanna dip into it just to fix a yellow dot, I think if everyone is havin' the problem they should fix it on their behalf.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
  10.    #30  
    DHL did not pick up the package (replacement unit) which it supposed to be shipped yesterday. they said they would pick it up today from PalmOne but as long as PalmOne informs them for pickup. what in the world....
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    djraw,
    try calling palmone. I had a yellow spot that grew to a very interesting shape over a few days. They replaced the phone for me no questions asked. In fact, if you give them a credit card # they will ship you one immediately with a return mailer to send back your defective one. The spot is covered under the palm warranty. They won't charge you anything unless you fail to return the defective one.
    I had orange dots around the 5. The phone was only 13 days old so the Tmobile store swapped it for a new one.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by nouno
    I had orange dots around the 5. The phone was only 13 days old so the Tmobile store swapped it for a new one.
    in your case, they would swap a new one to you without a question asked.
  14.    #34  
    DHL finally picked up the replacement unit from the service center and it is on the way coming.
    Go into a store and ask for a replacement because it is still under the year warranty. I had two issue, a bright spot and 2 specks embedded in the screen and they replaced it no questions asked. My new one has no problems whatsoever.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    Go into a store and ask for a replacement because it is still under the year warranty. I had two issue, a bright spot and 2 specks embedded in the screen and they replaced it no questions asked. My new one has no problems whatsoever.
    i wonder does it work for TMO?
    i use TMO service but I did not buy the phone directly from TMO. I bought it from P1 directly. any ideas?
  17.    #37  
    finally got the replacement and i am charging it now. looks new outside, no physical damage. the talk time lifer is 0 (well, my original defective unit's life timer became zero after i upgraded to 3.0.5). so far so good. will test out after it becomes charged completely.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12