1.    #1  
    I have been told by people i have called that they hear a lot of background noice. I have determined this to be the outside mic. I would have thought that once i plugged in the the earpiece the mic would be turned off. so i have a few questions

Is this a jabra probelm(my particular jabra is the one with the boom in the earpiece)

is this a 600 problem?

does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks for all the help
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbletheby
    I have been told by people i have called that they hear a lot of background noice. I have determined this to be the outside mic. I would have thought that once i plugged in the the earpiece the mic would be turned off. so i have a few questions

Is this a jabra probelm(my particular jabra is the one with the boom in the earpiece)

is this a 600 problem?

does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks for all the help
    I use the Jabra Pro (i think that was the name) and don't have the problem.. however, I did have to trim off some of the rubber on the headset plug to get a secure connection. Many headset plugs have a thicker rubber piece than the Treo design allows for.
  3.    #3  
    am I correct to assume that the st
    600's external mic should turn off when I put my jabra eapeice in
    Yes it should turn off. Try trimming the jabra jack as mentioned above. I had a headset that was working flawlessly ( I thought) but I decided to trim the jack anyway... the sound quality almost doubled.
  5.    #5  
    my problem with trimming it is, I have already done that. I believe it is time for a new one.
    any jabra recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbletheby
    am I correct to assume that the st
    600's external mic should turn off when I put my jabra eapeice in
    I've always had problems with background noise when using headsets. Are you sure that it's not the common background noise issue that afflicts most headsets or is your mic on the Treo actually the mic that's picking up the noise? When your talking to someone with the headset plugged in, if you put the Treo up to your mouth and speak directly into the Treo's mic, do you become louder to the other person? If you do not become louder to the other person, then your Treo mic is not on with the headset plugged in, which would mean you're just another dissatisfied headset owner. Sorry.