Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Maybe a new thread for people that were having problems and have upgraded to 3.1.

After about 5 minutes of testing, so far so good. I don't want to get to excited yet but right off that bat it started working unlike the last version which usually wouldn't even make a sound. I'll really put it through some testing at work Monday but I hope it lasts the weekend without crashing.
    I think it is working OK but did have a strange thing happen after installing. When I was on a call, my screen changed (dimmed to all orange) after about 10 - 15 seconds. Went all orange. Nothing would return the screen back to normal brightness. Later I was able to reproduce the same look if I increased my contrast to the far right of the scale in the Prefs tool. Very bizzar. This has never happened to me before. I went searching in LW and found I had the option selected to turn off backlight after 10 seconds. As soon as I disabled that feature, this has not happened again.

Anyone else seen this? In v3.0 this feature did absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Anyone else seen this? In v3.0 this feature did absolutely nothing.
    I am so glad you confirmed this for me. I have been ticking and unticking that option, resetting and reinstalling all day, trying to get my screen to turn off during a call and LW 3.0 just will not do it. I can't beleive they can release software like this.

I paid them for Live! 2.1 and it doesn't work either. Movie Rec is free and works like a champ.

And to think I was going to pop for LW3.1 and see if it would turn off my screen, not now. These guys should post it as a known issue on thier page, put it in the readme, or remove the feature tick box from the software. It's just not cool.

They just lost $17 from this camper...
    i posted my issues back in the treo 600 hardware forum in the lightwav thread
    My screen turns a strange dark purple during calls. wtf?
    I have noticed that I am getting random outgoing sounds when placing calls. This is sporadic, but even with the outgoing sound feature de-selected, it does it anyway. It pulls random mp3's and wavs from the library on my SD card. Even when the T6 is set to silent mode, this outgoing sound feature blares...AND IT'S LOUD. Am I just special, or is anyone else having this issue?
    eEditor, I'm also getting random MP3's being played. Not always, but it has happened 3 times already. Using 3.1a.
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    I have noticed that I am getting random outgoing sounds when placing calls. This is sporadic, but even with the outgoing sound feature de-selected, it does it anyway. It pulls random mp3's and wavs from the library on my SD card. Even when the T6 is set to silent mode, this outgoing sound feature blares...AND IT'S LOUD. Am I just special, or is anyone else having this issue?
    The same thing has happened to me 2 times today! I thought I was going crazy (well maybe I am but....) and went back 3 times to double check my settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    Yup. Me too. I usually have to abort the call & redial to get the MP3 to stop. Hey Toysoft- any fixes for this???
    Have to add me to the list. Get the purple screen and forced to reset. Pretty clear that there is a problem with the code at the moment. Has been pretty reliable for me in the past. Disabled the feature and all is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Yup. Me too. I usually have to abort the call & redial to get the MP3 to stop. Hey Toysoft- any fixes for this???
    I have found if you hit the lower the volume button the sound is muted, for what it's worth.
  12.    #12  
    son of gun, it happened to me to today
    I've had the random outgoing sound issue, I had the dark LCD issue (disabled it for now) and now as of last night my MMS/SMS tones aren't playing mp3s.
    All the same issues. I am thinking about reinstalling 3.0, because it seemed to be the most stable. (At least I knew what to expect.) Has anyone written Toysoft to see if they are aware of the problem. I know we have a couple of the developers that frequent on these forums... anyone seen any response yet?

Thinking about switching to Callfilter. I use WAV Ringtones with MIDI. Does anyone know if Callfilter can handle that. That actual filter part would be a plus. (BuzzOff never worked on my Treo anyway. <g>)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    I've had the random outgoing sound issue, I had the dark LCD issue (disabled it for now) and now as of last night my MMS/SMS tones aren't playing mp3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by ix0ye
    All the same issues. I am thinking about reinstalling 3.0, because it seemed to be the most stable. (At least I knew what to expect.) Has anyone written Toysoft to see if they are aware of the problem. I know we have a couple of the developers that frequent on these forums... anyone seen any response yet?

Thinking about switching to Callfilter. I use WAV Ringtones with MIDI. Does anyone know if Callfilter can handle that. That actual filter part would be a plus. (BuzzOff never worked on my Treo anyway. <g>)
    Good call! I just did the same thing 5 minutes ago - reinstalled 3.0. I was not only getting random outgoing sounds but I also started getting random ringtones for incoming calls that did not have specific ringtones assigned to them!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i had dark screen problems and mp3s playing when i answered the phone....after i removed the particular mp3 i had installed under the "mega sound" field under treo events field and left the space blank the problems suddenly stopped
    So far no problems since reverting back to 3.0. (With the exception of an ocassional reboot when incoming call comes in while I am in SMS.) No Outgoing tone, but at least battery drain has returned to previous state, and no weird screen problems. I will post later if anything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    i had dark screen problems and mp3s playing when i answered the phone....after i removed the particular mp3 i had installed under the "mega sound" field under treo events field and left the space blank the problems suddenly stopped
    So far no problems since reverting back to 3.0. (With the exception of an ocassional reboot when incoming call comes in while I am in SMS.) No Outgoing tone, but at least battery drain has returned to previous state, and no weird screen problems. I will post later if anything changes.
    email as for the update if you have problems with the latest update to support@toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: support@toysoft.ca
    Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 11:30 AM
    Subject: LightWAV 3.1a update buggy.

I am uncertain of the release policy your company uses for software updates, but you should do more testing before you release your software to the public. I received 2 updates ( LightWAV 3.1 and 3.1a.) to the same product from your company within 2 days. Both of them were riddled with bugs. I have reverted back to LightWAV version 3.0 until the next release. Please do some further testing, and send me an updated product that works. I am not a beta tester. I paid for a commercial product, so the fact that you want me to troubleshoot your bugs is not acceptable.
    While most of the bugs are simply annoying, the reboots while incoming calls are received is totally intolerable for a cell phone application. Some specific issues are:

* As mentioned, the OS reboots while in other applications during incoming calls. (Regardless of application.)

* Outgoing ring tones enabled, and Cover-up ring tones producing random results without user enabling these features.

* Midi ring tones, and wav ring tones silenced sporadically, making alerts unreliable.

* Pocket Tunes playback re-enabled after user disabled the feature.

* Pocket Tunes play list constantly overwritten with a single ring tone.

These are just some of the glaring annoyances I have experienced. I am sure other users are willing to generate a much more complete list. I do not have the time to do your Q&A work, so please do not ask me to be anymore specific. I paid your company to provide a product that functions as documented. Adding features is a nice customer service gesture, but when it breaks the product, it defeats the purpose. Don't you think?

Have a great day.

-Name removed-
    (A Very Dissatisfied LightWAV User.)

Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    email as for the update if you have problems with the latest update to support@toysoft.ca
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: support@toysoft.ca
    Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 11:30 AM
    Subject: LightWAV 3.1a update buggy.

I am uncertain of the release policy your company uses for software updates, but you should do more testing before you release your software to the public. I received 2 updates ( LightWAV 3.1 and 3.1a.) to the same product from your company within 2 days. Both of them were riddled with bugs. I have reverted back to LightWAV version 3.0 until the next release. Please do some further testing, and send me an updated product that works. I am not a beta tester. I paid for a commercial product, so the fact that you want me to troubleshoot your bugs is not acceptable.
    While most of the bugs are simply annoying, the reboots while incoming calls are received is totally intolerable for a cell phone application. Some specific issues are:

* As mentioned, the OS reboots while in other applications during incoming calls. (Regardless of application.)

* Outgoing ring tones enabled, and Cover-up ring tones producing random results without user enabling these features.

* Midi ring tones, and wav ring tones silenced sporadically, making alerts unreliable.

* Pocket Tunes playback re-enabled after user disabled the feature.

* Pocket Tunes play list constantly overwritten with a single ring tone.

These are just some of the glaring annoyances I have experienced. I am sure other users are willing to generate a much more complete list. I do not have the time to do your Q&A work, so please do not ask me to be anymore specific. I paid your company to provide a product that functions as documented. Adding features is a nice customer service gesture, but when it breaks the product, it defeats the purpose. Don't you think?

Have a great day.

-Name removed-
    (A Very Dissatisfied LightWAV User.)
    You paid for one version of Lightwave, not an eternity of updates. Be thankful Toysoft is so forthcoming with free updates and that they are trying to improve the product without charge to you.

When 3.1a started acting up so I uninstalled then reinstalled it, and now it works fine. Give it a try.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast