Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Well, I thought I should post this to let everyone know. I'm an X Palm employee and I've been using palm devices since their existence. Iím a currently Verizon Treo 600 owner and I live here in the bay area, California. I had lunch with a few of my X Palm co-workers on Friday, November 12th. Needless to say, I got the latest scoop on Verizon's and the Treo 650 and the word is that Verizon didn't express interest in the 650 till about almost two months ago. They are planning to launch the 650 in the April - May time frame. I will definitely update if I hear more. PS: The Windows CE Treo is for real. PDAGeek.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek
    PS: The Windows CE Treo is for real. PDAGeek.

SV - Care to comment on this? P1 filler or real?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I have literally zero doubt that PalmOne is actively working on a uSoft-based handheld of some type whether or not there is any overt evidence of that.

Note, however, that nothing posted by anonymous posters about "lunches" they had is worth more than the paper their post is written on...
    I stopped at a VZW store last week and was told that VZW was not going to carry the 650 as they didn't think the bluetooth was secure enough. Can anyone confirm?
    As I posted ealier, Verizon didn't get into the game untill about a month ago, regarding the 650. As we all know, it took a long time for the 600 to come out. Verizon has a ton of red tape and processes before they release any product. I wouldn't be suprised if bluetooth is just one of the hangups.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    I have literally zero doubt that PalmOne is actively working on a uSoft-based handheld of some type whether or not there is any overt evidence of that.

Note, however, that nothing posted by anonymous posters about "lunches" they had is worth more than the paper their post is written on...
    I understand that youíre leery about my post. Only time will tell!

May the Treo Gods enforce the Verizon 650 release!
    Please note that the leariness has nothing to do with YOUR post, just posts like yours...
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL1
    I stopped at a VZW store last week and was told that VZW was not going to carry the 650 as they didn't think the bluetooth was secure enough. Can anyone confirm?
    I sincerely doubt this to be the case, given they recently released the Motorola v710. While they did cripple the BT functionality, speculation has it this was more for upcharge potential rather than security issues.
    Even if Verizon is looking into the Treo 650, it will take them a really long time to release it. I may be mistaken, but wasn't Verizon interested in the Treo 600 only a month after it was released? And how long did it take them to release the 600? Exactly one year after.

I love Verizon's service, but I am kind of annoyed with their business practices. The v710 was crippled solely to benefit theit Get It Now service. They want you to buy ringtones, wallpapers, etc from them. No other carrier does this. I'll gladly pay higher prices for better service, but it's hard to keep a happy face when you try to milk me for every penny. I know all services are like that, but Verizon seems to do it more.

I'm currently waiting to see who releases the Treo 650. Hopefully, ATT/Cingular's merger goes smoothly and they work on increasing their services. I'm interested in seeing what GSM has to offer.
    My wife and I will be dropping Verizon like a bad habit once the Sprint Treo 650 becomes available.
    I think Im going to Cingular/ATT. My GSM order for the 650 is in.

Im tired of Verizon crippling this, and not carrying that. Not to mention that I love the idea of switching phones with the simple moving of the SIM card.

My only consern is data charges. Ive got ENMOU on Verizon (which is essentially free data, since I don't use all my minutes anyway). I will have to deal with data charges everywhere else from $10-$20 a month.
    < merged >
    Like I posted earlier, here's a link to add to my statement about pocket pc treo.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/493-1.htm

http://news.com.com/PalmOne+ponders+...3-5438347.html
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456