Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    there's some noise here and other forums that VZW may have 650 out on 15th. I guess, VZW may make announcement on 15th that they'll have 650 in Q2 2005. Since I'm going on 11th, I'll give it few days to wait...
    Verizon will have the 650 out in November.

November 2005
    Sorry. I couldn't help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaso1975
    I ordered a Verizon 600 from Vienna Channels, it's currently on the way to me (was supposed to arrive yesterday but a late UPS train caused delivery to be delayed until Monday @#&$%&!!!) Can't wait till it gets here!
    Hold on. Was that train in Florida? I got the same response from UPS for a bunch of ink that was supposed to be here Friday. I won't be here until Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Hold on. Was that train in Florida? I got the same response from UPS for a bunch of ink that was supposed to be here Friday. I won't be here until Monday.
    Probably not- phone was shipped from Texas and sent here to California so I don't think Florida was part of the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Verizon will have the 650 out in November.

November 2005
    Sorry. I couldn't help it.

Finally, a realist. I think that's only a slight exaggeration. I bet this summer if ever. Perhaps by then there will be another smartphone they went with, like pda2k rebranded.
    Yeah, one of the vendors at one of the treo shows said that he treos are on a 11 month cycle. He mentioned at treo 750 and treo900. I know that others have made rumors of these phones, but I heard it from a 3rd party vendor who sounded as if he knew what he was talking about.
    I'm tired of waiting.

I don't think the 650 will be offered from Verizon for a long while.

My rationale is that I can sell it (so far depreciation is not that bad on Ebay) and pick up the 650 whenever. My cost, will be the difference, which I don't think will be more than $100.

For what's it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidl340
    Why must they taunt me! If only Sprint had decent coverage here.
    They don't have decent coverage anywhere.

Erik
    Yep, no chance for VW to have it this year. We get it at Sprint first
    I'm vzw and my only solace is that my sprint friends always drop calls. No real satisfaction, though, because they're usually on the phone with me and so then we have to call each other back anyway so what's the use of me having such good coverage?
    Honestly, they are waiting for the WinCE version of the Treo. The Systems Engineer I spoke with was hinting something huge was coming in April.
    It's the grand old triangle of the free market -- you can only get two of the three. Let's apply it to the 650...

Sprint -- Available First (speed) + Price -- won't change (cost) = No Service (quality)
    Verizon -- Near Perfect Signal + Price -- won't change (cost) = Available Last (speed)

Me, I will take a unit that works...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Will the Sprint labeled 650 work on the Verizon System?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK
    It's the grand old triangle of the free market -- you can only get two of the three. Let's apply it to the 650...

Sprint -- Available First (speed) + Price -- won't change (cost) = No Service (quality)
    Verizon -- Near Perfect Signal + Price -- won't change (cost) = Available Last (speed)

Me, I will take a unit that works...

I think the Sprint problems are a lil overrated. I get pretty good service here in Dallas.
    It may be available November of 2005. Verizon is saying first quarter but my hunch based on past history is June at the earliest.
    No. No. No. No.
    I feel for anyone who wants this on VZW now. I'm lucky because my contract runs out next May and I get my NE2.
    VZW will have the Treo 650 by then and if they don't, I bet it will be sometime soon after. Six more months isn't the end of the world. I can wait, it will be worth it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm surprised at so many generalizations of service quality I've seen in postings on this board. It appears to me that service is largely a factor of where you are. In Atlanta, I've had 4 service providers, the 3rd was Sprint, went to AT&T cause my company provided a free phone, ended up going back to Sprint and paying for it myself because AT&T was so bad - dropped calls, no service, etc. That was over a year ago, so I have no idea if AT&T have improved in the areas I travel.

Sprint has been great for me in the Atlanta area - my company send me to poultry plants (yes, I know where your chicken comes from), and the only place I didn't have good service was in Armpit, Louisiana (name of town changed to protect the guilty). In traveling from here to Chattanooga, Memphis, even the back-woods of Missouri, I've had great service....

Ordered my new 650 yesterday...impatiently waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    I feel for anyone who wants this on VZW now. I'm lucky because my contract runs out next May and I get my NE2.
    VZW will have the Treo 650 by then and if they don't, I bet it will be sometime soon after. Six more months isn't the end of the world. I can wait, it will be worth it.
    I can wait for a few months, but not for too much longer. Maybe till Feb. or March, but after that, all bets are off, if Cingular (ATT) gets the Treo 650, I'll try them out. Don't know why Verizon has no desire to keep their customers happy with the newer phones, it is not like they are doing us a favor, they make their money regardless. Don't feed me that "VZW testing takes longer" BS, If Sprint can get the phones ready for public consumption by Christmas, it shouldn't take VZW no more than a couple more months.
    According to http://www.cellphone.homestead.com/s...cellzones.html

List of customer complaints
    AT&T is #1
    Sprint is #2
    Cingular is #3
    Verizon is #4

This speaks well for Verizon since they have 2x as many customers as the other carriers and fewer complaints lodged. When potentially, twice as many complaints could be lodged.
    Last edited by specimen38; 11/11/2004 at 12:48 AM.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast