Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    I really want this phone but in my area, VZW has the best coverage and since my contract runs til May 2005, I have no choice but to wait.
    If it doesn't look like VZW is going to offer it by summer 2005, I'm bolting to Cingular (second best in my area).
    I am in the same situation as you, except that I am under contract w/ VZW till 11/2005. This could be a case of perfect timing, or me possibly jumping ship to Cingular, who only now will have a physical presence in my market...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    So ... anyone hear anything at all re: when Verizon will have the 650?
    ... I hope they're not the last one to carry it, as with the 600 ...
    Last edited by fugu; 10/31/2004 at 01:50 AM.
    Spoke with our business rep. She told me the phone is not yet in testing with them, she had no idea when they would carry it.......I'm jumping ship and going to ATTWS as soon as they release it. I would go with SPrint since they will be carrying it first, but Sprint is HORRID in California...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    What are the chances that Verizon will roll out the 650 in the next few months? Seems like they are almost a year behind the others and only offered the 600 in the past few months.

Thanks

Dan
    slim....maybe none
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbao
    What are the chances that Verizon will roll out the 650 in the next few months? Seems like they are almost a year behind the others and only offered the 600 in the past few months.

Thanks

Dan

absolutely none...yer better off waiting for the PalmOne and Cingular Wireless merger
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertreo
    absolutely none...yer better off waiting for the PalmOne and Cingular Wireless merger

LOL!! I was trying to let him down easy.
    I... for one... remain hopeful!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I was talking to a VZW tech last week and we were looking at the specs of the 650 and he said that VZW will offer the 650 eventually. He doesn't know when but he said if VZW has the 600, they'll get the 650 sometime.
    He showed me a Pocket PC phone that VZW is testing and while it had a nice big hi-res screen, I told him I would never buy a PPC device, Palm OS is the best.
    I was talking to a VZW tech last week and we were looking at the specs of the 650 and he said that VZW will offer the 650 eventually. He doesn't know when but he said if VZW has the 600, they'll get the 650 sometime.
    He showed me a Pocket PC phone that VZW is testing and while it had a nice big hi-res screen, I told him I would never buy a PPC device, Palm OS is the best.
    sounds like the ppc phone they're testing is the same one being marketed under many names, like pda2k and vodafone (check elsewhere on these boards as well as the other popular forums for more info/comparisons). I'm vzw person and I'm just going to patiently wait for them to come out with something else, i'm figuring next summer, like the treo came out for them in summer.
    Yes, Verizon also tried to get me to buy the PPC when I asked about the 650. As such, I don't think they'll be offering the 650 anytime soon. And I'm not waiting around this time.
    Spoke to our business rep, she told me they aren't even in testing with the 650 yet, and there is no word of when they might do so. She also told me it is a minimum of 20 weeks for there testing. Needless to say as soon as ATTWS/Cing. carries it - I'm paying my 175 and jumping ship!!!!! I PRAY the GSM coverage is better than what it used to be - that's what made me leave ATTWS in the first place!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I have to stay with Verizon. Has anyone ordered Verizon 600 from viennachannels and received it? There's another thread about Verizon 650 being available in DREAMcember but I'm not sure if this is for 2004 or 2005. Verizon's sales rep are clueless , I don't feel like waiting for a vaporware.
    I agree with you 100%, cant wait for the 650 from Verizon, only god knows.
    I ordered the 600 last weekend, delivery is scheduled for this Monday. Would love to get the 650, but Verizon won't release before June/July. My contract is up in June, I think I might jump ship @ that point to another carrier. I love Verizon service & reliably, but high cost and slow release of phone is driving me crazy now....after 5 years.
    I ordered a Verizon 600 from Vienna Channels, it's currently on the way to me (was supposed to arrive yesterday but a late UPS train caused delivery to be delayed until Monday @#&$%&!!!) Can't wait till it gets here!
    I know Verizon's history of extremely long testing cycles and fully expect to not see this phone until Q2 '05. However, I have been seeing posts over the last few days in various places, including the PhoneScoop Forums from people that have provided decent info in the past that are stating that the 650 may be made available as early as Nov 15th.

Has anyone else heard this and should I give it any validity? My wife just got a job with VZW and she gets a discount on service 30 days after employment begins. We are currently with Cingular and I will be moving us to VZW as soon as the discount is activated. The questions however is whether or not to get a Treo 600 now or wait for the Treo650 / PPC-6601.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
    Well, I'm thinking no way. Last week, I was told at a Verizon store that the 600 "just came out" and they may see the 650 next year.
    Sprint has the contract with PalmOne to initially release the 650. Other carriers will not be allowed to release the 650 until sometime in 2005.
    With their long delayed release of the Kyocera 7135 and then the Treo 600...they took their sweet time. I will not be surprised if they release the 650 in late spring to early summer 05 and that's a conservative timeframe.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Why must they taunt me! If only Sprint had decent coverage here.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast