Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    just a thought... Verizon doesnt carry the T600 in their stores (at least in my part of the world), only thru the mail.
    Is this perhaps a way of keeping inventory levels to a minimum?
    Verizon has it in my store. (NYC)
    the date is pure speculation on my part...it took Verizon almost 3 quarter to get the 600 after Sprint, so we will see if that track record holds.
    just a thought... Verizon doesnt carry the T600 in their stores (at least in my part of the world), only thru the mail.
    Is this perhaps a way of keeping inventory levels to a minimum?

All of our stores carry the Treo as well. Well, let me take that back. It's on the shelves but you have to have the phone shipped to you. So I guess you are correct.

Word has it that the Treo 650 will come out with Sprint first around X-Mas. I understand that Verizon is now testing the Treo 650 as we speak. But no one knows when they will release the phone. At least they are not saying.

I just bought my T600 two weeks ago. I'll be pissed the f@ck off if Verizon releases the T650 around X-Mas time '04!!!!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i guess im just hoping VZW doesnt screw around and keep us back again. i just got my T600 when it was released and am excited to push things a bit further with the 650.
    i guess im just hoping VZW doesnt screw around and keep us back again. i just got my T600 when it was released and am excited to push things a bit further with the 650.

I am stuck...I just bought this Treo 600 less than two weeks ago. I can still return it if I want to. But if they are going to **** around for another year to release the 650, then why should I? If they release the 650 soon then I will be upset.

I know that Verizon is testing it right now. But for how long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I know that Verizon is testing it right now. But for how long?
    How do you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    How do you know that?
    One of the Techs told me on the phone.
    None of the stores I've called in the Boston area have it in stock. You need to order it. They have one in the store that doesn't even work.
    If they're testing it, you would think it would be out within the next 6 months?
    I've been lurking here for a while and finally broke down and headed for the Verizon store to see what I could find. The reps (one was clueless but friendly, the other knowlegeable but appalled that I would consider switching carriers for a cool phone) hadn't heard anything about the 650. They started looking at phonescoop.com. No hits. If these guys are still in the dark my guess the wait is longer than we want it to be for Verizon.
    I was told by a Verizon Wireless store manager (57th St/6th Ave) that PDA-phones are not kept on-site. They are ordered from the warehouse. They may keep some refurbished units or "emergency" units on hand to keep a corporate executive from ******ng if his/her Treo were to fail.

Otherwise, VZ stores generally don't stock these units.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    None of the stores I've called in the Boston area have it in stock. You need to order it. They have one in the store that doesn't even work.
    FWIW, I bought the 600 from the Verizon store in Northern Virginia on Sunday. They had it in stock, but had just gotten them within the past few weeks.

I contemplated switching networks for the ACE/650 or the MPx, but decided that by the time those phones actually get released it could be 2-3 months and I would probably be p1ssed at the service coverage anyway. Might as well just wait until one comes out on VZW next year and upgrade then.
    I can't wait until the 650 comes out on Sprint. It's exactly what I need (Bluetooth). Hi-res is good, but not critical by any means. I'll be switching off of these Verizon criminals. From what I understand, coverage shouldn't really an issue since I live in NYC.

Yeah, for some reason VZ stores in NY don't carry the Treos. At least when I checked last, they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    If they're testing it, you would think it would be out within the next 6 months?

Well not true... The reps told me that they don't know about new phones until about a week until it's release. Who knows how long they tested the Treo 600?

Verizon is supposed to be the best carrier (Consumer Reports) BUT their pricing sucks. $49 a month for web access unlimited. Sprint has $15 web access unlimited use.

But Sprint is supposed to be the worst carrier in most areas.
    What I have heard is that VRZ wants a whole year of Treo 600 shipments before they take the 650.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    At least Verizon should lower the 600 price when the competitors come out with the 650. I called a couple local stores, and of course they didn't know squat about the 650.
    I guess you can say they are the best carrier overall. That doesn't mean they are the best carrier in your area. I was in Forest Hills, Queens (near the LIRR station - for those NY'ers that care ) and had a really weak, almost non-existent signal. My father-in-law had three bars with his Tmo service. I felt like I couldn't show face. Yes I had a Verizon Treo with unlimited data and this and that -- but if I can't get a signal?

Anyway, go with what's best in your area.

Those who travel frequently obviously have several other variables to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Well not true... The reps told me that they don't know about new phones until about a week until it's release. Who knows how long they tested the Treo 600?

Verizon is supposed to be the best carrier (Consumer Reports) BUT their pricing sucks. $49 a month for web access unlimited. Sprint has $15 web access unlimited use.

But Sprint is supposed to be the worst carrier in most areas.
    What difference will it make if Verizon carries the 650 - when they're just going to criple the bluetooth functionality in the phone anyway? Haven't you seen what they've already done to the motorola 710 and all the petitions and hoopla going on? They only enable the headset profile and disable file/sync transfers so you have to be forced in using Verizon's network to transfer pictures etc... I'm looking around at other vendors for the phone - I'm sick of Verizon always locking the customers in. I'm sure other phone carriers will give me a discount to get off Verizon's network. I'm tired of it already.

Verizon's about ready to lose a ton of money per year once we sign off.
    FYI - I heard from one of the PalmOne store managers that Verizon committed to 1 (ONE) year of 600 sales. Might make them wait before introducing the 650. then again, he also told me that the 650 would not be called a 650, but look at all the internal memo rumours.

Regards
    When the 650 does come out. I will give my wife the TREO 600 and I get the new ONE!

Ramon
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast