1.    #1  
    Just a thought. Given the issues some of us have had with unauthorized automatic data connections, it might make sense to have an app that disables all data access, while still allowing phone access. Or perhaps an app that disables all outgoing requests, unless some kind of acknowledgement is given my the user. In other words, anytime that antenna is accessed for data, this app would pop up asking if its ok to allow the connection.

Does something like this already exist? If so, where might I find it? My searches here have turned up little.
    Go to "Preferences" and select "Network". You can then turn data connection off by "disconnecting". This should solve your problem. I don't believe any program can turn it back on automatically - unless you have a program set up that way (e.g. Chatter) or you do it manually through the program.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    Just a thought. Given the issues some of us have had with unauthorized automatic data connections, it might make sense to have an app that disables all data access, while still allowing phone access. Or perhaps an app that disables all outgoing requests, unless some kind of acknowledgement is given my the user.

Does something like this already exist? If so, where might I find it? My searches here have turned up little.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Go to "Preferences" and select "Network". You can then turn data connection off by "disconnecting". This should solve your problem.
    I should have noted, I'm on Verizon. In their infinite wisdom, they have disabled everything network related in that screen. Why let people disable it when they can make money? I think whats needed here is a third party app. I'd be willing to pay big bucks for this, as it would pay for itself within weeks.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have phone on and when checking emails, it will automatically ask me to first turn on GPRS connection. However, after retrieval/sending of messages, gprs stays on and must go >preferences>network>disconnect to shut down gprs.

With my Nokia 6820, after downloading emails, it will automatically shut down gprs connection but can't seem to find same on Treo 600.

Also, leaving GPRS on....will that affect battery life?
    You can open the Blazer browser and go to the options menu and select Disconnect. Alternatively, try Treo 600 Connection Manager 1.1 (shareware) or TreoHelper 0.68 (freeware). I haven't tried either of these but they sound like what you're looking for.