Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, this really cool! Here's a Gmail-lite demo site:

http://www.theplaceforitall.com/gmail-lite/

(link taken from http://gmail-lite.sourceforge.net/#gmail-lite, site courtesy of Sam Krupa who maintains a Gmail blog http://theplaceforitall.com/gmail.htm )

Works great with blazer and you can now check your gmail!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    wow, sweetness!
    You must be kidding.

Are you really going to give your email username and password to an unknown website???

Like PT Barnum said......there's one born every minute.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    You must be kidding.

Are you really going to give your email username and password to an unknown website???

Like PT Barnum said......there's one born every minute.
    Yeah, it is basically just a proof of concept and the author himself cites caution about security:

Okay, if you got a GMail account, and you really trust me, you may want to try it here. But please note that:

It is running in a poor, cheap server, which is behind my school's network/infrastructure/firewall. So please do not expect high performance, especially those oversea (the server is in Hong Kong, China, Asia).
    Honestly, it is my server that runs research simulations for me (!!). I would probably just shut down Apache if I have to run some CPU-intensive tasks...
    Please do not make it your primary way to check gmail. Just give it a try, and install it on your own server if you really like it.
    Actually, if you really treasure your GMail account, you shouldn't give other parties your gmail username and password (that's why I coded mine, lol).
    Okay... there's not much design in that pages. Dumb and boring colors, no logos, and a strange layout! But remember it is targeted for PDA browser (e.g. Netfront) and GPRS. A 320x320 screen and bandwidth of 9600bps won't give you too much rooms for eye-catchy. If you found the layout really weird, try reducing the size of browser window.
    Please ALWAYS remember to logout, as you do with the GMail.
    Although I always try my best to keep my code invulnerable while putting a lot of features in it, there is definitely some bugs and/or security holes in my code. Please, if you think you've found one, tell me.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    you can also try gPopper It's based on Pop Goes the Gmail. The developer of PGtGM stopped development and open-sourced it. I've been trying to get it to work on my Treo and although the functionality is included, I haven't had any luck. I'm working w\ the developer to get it fixed and I'll post when I finally get it running.

btw, it's an app that runs on your pc and allows you to pull your gmail to your Treo (or any POP3 client)
    At some point, I'd be interested in supporting GMail in Chatter Email...

Marc
    You don't stop at anything, Marc!

Do you have any idea whether Gmail will support IMAP, etc.? Is there a 'workaround' if they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by mblank

Marc
    I don't think it will support IMAP, but I believe there will be an API (i.e. programming interface) to allow access. When this will happen is anybody's guess.

Marc
    How do you get a Gmail account? I keep reading about this and have looked at the website, but I don't see anywhere that you can signup.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    How do you get a Gmail account? I keep reading about this and have looked at the website, but I don't see anywhere that you can signup.
    it's in beta so it's invite only. send me a pm and i'll send you an invite.
    Can anyone here send me an invite?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    Can anyone here send me an invite?
    send me a pm

Marc
    I don't think it will support IMAP, but I believe there will be an API (i.e. programming interface) to allow access. When this will happen is anybody's guess.

Marc
    The gmail link in the first message goes to a source forge site

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=116304

which contains the source
    Any Treo user who wants a Gmail invite send me a pm with your name & email address (click my user name then click send pm to Vikingbrad)

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    I have six invites looking for a home... email timmyo at gmail.com if you want one.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Thanks gfunkmagic for those links. I got it set up on my own server, and now have complete searchable access of all my old e-mail archives (that I just forwarded all to gMail) from my Treo.

Certainly beats sshing from the Treo to my home machine, and trying to search for stuff with pine (which I actually have done, and believe me, it's not fun.)
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Well, I don't have a PHP-capable server, so I investigated gpopper...can someone describe HOW they connect to their computer to get their e-mail? As I understand it, would it just be using your computer's ip address and the gpopper-specific ports for the SMTP and such? So like "this.is.my.iport"? Hm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Well, I don't have a PHP-capable server, so I investigated gpopper...can someone describe HOW they connect to their computer to get their e-mail? As I understand it, would it just be using your computer's ip address and the gpopper-specific ports for the SMTP and such? So like "this.is.my.iport"? Hm...
    you install gpopper on your home machine, configure ports, and it runs in the background polling gmail. You then set up your Treo mail client to connect to your home computer on the same ports you defined in gpopper and it pulls your gmail to you Treo.

However, I have not been able to get it to work w\ the standard email client but outz says that he can do it fine w\ snappermail.
    Ahh, ok, I'll try directly with snapper...what I've been trying to do is to use Outlook at work to connect to my home computer as a means to test it...heh. Thanks slappy man.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast