1.    #1  
    I need some help with running applications of the sd card... What I would like to do is install apps into my sd card and be able to run them from the palm.. maybe like some type of shortcut? Can someone please explain how I can do this.....
    Apps that I have... Filez, Zlauncher.... what would I need?
    You need a memory manager app like PowerRun or Teal Alias. However, I personally recommend Zlauncher which combines a replacement laucher, memory manager, file manger etc into all one app...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Gfunk I have zlauncher but I am having trouble installing it.. there is so many files that I don't know what to install... After I install it what do I do? also how can I download apps to the card instead of the palmcard?
    Using Zlauncher, if you tap and hold on the app icon, a drop-down menu should appear givng you the option of moving the app to the card. If you select yes, it will automatically move it to /palm/programs/zlauncher/apps and also leave a shortcut in ram. Under zlauncher prefs (menu>options>advanced>dialog setup), you can specify the auto-hide functions move. Thus, this way you can install apps to ram and then use Zlauncher's builtin memory manager to move the app to card and then automatically launch them when you want.

As far as the files, you only need the main Zlauncher app and at least one compatible theme. Zlauncher manager is a utility that helps delete parts of Zlauncher and is recommended while Zreaderlite is a simple palmdoc reader plugin which you may/may not want.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thanx alot Gfunk... that help alot... the only thing now is that after I moved them I still have some files left in the palm ram and I can not delete them for some reason... I think I am going to hard reset my treo and start all over with everything...
    Which files are you trying to delete? You might be trying to delete file in Rom which you can't do anyway. Also, be careful about deleting random files especially if you don't know what they're for!!!

7.    #7  
    Well I am trying to delete some file that were left... It seems that even though I moved a whole bunch of stuff to the card I still don't have enough memory to install some small apps. Nothing will install it tells me that the there is not enough memory...
    can someone post step by step how to set up zlauncher... this app is so confusing , I bought it and played with it and got sooo lost that I had deleted it and revert back the more friendly user powerrun though I have a feeling I am missing something by not figuring how to use zlauncher...help help help
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    can someone post step by step how to set up zlauncher... this app is so confusing , I bought it and played with it and got sooo lost that I had deleted it and revert back the more friendly user powerrun though I have a feeling I am missing something by not figuring how to use zlauncher...help help help
    Suggest you try MegaLauncher....It is much simpler and not so congested like Zlauncher. That was my impression while using it during the trial period. Now I ended using MegaLauncher.

Point to ponder,
    Why buying a Ferrari, if you just need a car to send your kids to school every morning.
    personally I like MSMount ..... it's free and you don't need to change the launcher ......

http://www.geocities.com/nagamatu/MSMount5/index-e.htm