Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I need a copy of the HS mail app. I have it on my treo, but it is corrupted, and the backed up version I have is also corrupted. If I try to delete my mail account, or edit it, I get a reset, and I have a 7 meg inbox now. I usually delete the inbox from time to time and recreat it to go around the HS Mail app eating memory problem, but I can't do anythign about it this time. Now if I delete the inbox, the program resets the Treo when I try to run it. You can either post it, or send it to me at ---

Thanks!
    Last edited by albertb; 04/20/2006 at 08:00 AM.
    The mail app is built into the rom if you have installed the latest firmware.
  3.    #3  
    I know its in there, but my copy is corrupt. I need someone else's copy that works.
    If your rom is corrupt you need a new phone. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $should$ $either$ $hard$ $reset$ $and$ $reinstall$ $an$ $app$ $at$ $a$ $time$ $or$ $flash$ $your$ $rom$ $again$. $You$ $may$ $as$ $well$ $be$ $asking$ $for$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $Blazer$ $3$.$0$.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    If your rom is corrupt you need a new phone. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $should$ $either$ $hard$ $reset$ $and$ $reinstall$ $an$ $app$ $at$ $a$ $time$ $or$ $flash$ $your$ $rom$ $again$. $You$ $may$ $as$ $well$ $be$ $asking$ $for$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $Blazer$ $3$.$0$.

Take a look again at what I said. My email program is corrupt. Just because one file that resides on rom has been corrupted, doesn't mean I need a new phone!
    This has nothing to do with Blazer.
    For those who understand what I am looking for, please send over the Email.prc that comes with either the GSM or the Sprint phone, thats all. Thank you.
    Yep - reinstall the ROM updater and all should be well. No spoon feeding here :-)
    THERE IS NO PRC. the mail app is a part of the rom. hard reset and install your apps or reflash your rom.

I was making a point. There is no prc for blazer either. It's built into the rom also. Good luck you ungrateful sap!
  8.    #8  
    There is a .prc, it used to be posted here from the GSM phones before the Sprint firmware 1.20 came out.
    I gave you a solution. Take it or leave it. I know there was a beta prc for SPRINT only...not gsm. The gsm's always had it built into rom. Now after the most recent sprint firmware update it is also in rom. Your problem can be corrected following my solution. My facts are straight and I don't appreciate your attitude towards someone trying to be helpful.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you for your solution, but it is not the solution I am looking for, or what I asked for at the start.
    I will repeat my question with step by step directions. If someone has send it, or an email client that can access files off ROM, please send me the Email.prc file from the Sprint phones. You can open SendIt, scroll down to Email.prc (make sure show ROM files is checked), click on it, and send it over to me through the email client that send it opens up.
    If anyone could do that, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
    i dont know if this is it or not but you can try it. its been so long since i tried it. i got this file when i got my first treo in november.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So, friend, did your solution work?
    Geez what an ***. Why not just do the rom update again and be done with it. It takes less than eight minutes and this whole line of bs wasted almost three hours.

Dutch of course it will work. He's not gonna tell you that his solution didnt work after all that.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Geez what an ***. Why not just do the rom update again and be done with it. It takes less than eight minutes and this whole line of bs wasted almost three hours.

Dutch of course it will work. He's not gonna tell you that his solution didnt work after all that.
    Hello friend, doing well today?
    I'm great. thanks for asking. My mom is in Dallas on business today. I said that just because I noticed you were in Dallas.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    http://mobile.treobits.com/sw/dl.php...&pgfrom=6&s=rt

This ones for SprintPCS only. Please don't yell at me if it's not the right answer =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I'm great. thanks for asking. My mom is in Dallas on business today. I said that just because I noticed you were in Dallas.
    Hope she's inside...HOT HOT HOT here today?
  18.    #18  
    Yeah the solution worked, thank you for the help. The reason I didn't want to do the updater is because my files would be overriden when I restored my device, and I did not want to restore all of the programs one by one.
    Hence I asked for just the files I needed.

Woof why get involved? No need to call anyone an ***. I did not ask about a ROM update. I think my request was very clear as to what I wanted, the email file, just the prc.

chucka thanks for the file.
    aznmode thanks for the link.
    One of the reasons I like this forum is that when you have a problem sometimes a helpful user will present a different solution than the one expected. I tried to offer the best help I could not having the prc you were asking for. You were (in my judgement) a complete *** to me. I don't recall seeing anyone offering help being treated so rudely here.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Yeah the solution worked, thank you for the help. The reason I didn't want to do the updater is because my files would be overriden when I restored my device, and I did not want to restore all of the programs one by one.
    Hence I asked for just the files I needed.

Woof why get involved? No need to call anyone an ***. I did not ask about a ROM update. I think my request was very clear as to what I wanted, the email file, just the prc.

chucka thanks for the file.
    aznmode thanks for the link.
    I did the rom update and didnt have to restore anything. The update did it for me. Who told you you needed to restore them one by one?

As far as my involvement, this is a public forum. I have as much right to say you were being a jerk as you do to ask for help. People offered suggestions and you were an *** in many of your responses. You could have just politely said thanks to dutchtrumpet and repeated your request for the mail.prc file. YOU were the one who chose to be impolite when someone tried to help you. You also could have expressed your concerns about doing the rom update as a reason you wanted just the prc. Even the guys who help you witht the file an d the link were both expecting to be lashed out at
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    http://mobile.treobits.com/sw/dl.ph...c&pgfrom=6&s=rt

This ones for SprintPCS only. Please don't yell at me if it's not the right answer =(
    Its amazing to me the number of people that ask for help and then are ungrateful just because they didnt get the exact answer they wanted.
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast