1.    #1  
    I will skip for now the story about how tech support thought my Treo needed to be exchanged, and jump right to the "Strangest" thing .. The weight of my Treo. When I got the new one, I noticed that it felt lighter, not much, but lighter than my original one. Today I decided to put it too the test and took out my digital scale. My old one weighs 5.90 ounces and the new one weighs 5.75 ounces. I know it is nuts that I could feel the difference, but I could. Maybe because at work I weigh light stuff a few hours a day. Any way .. What could make the difference.

My original:
    Version: 1.12-INT [I did the update myself]
    Hardware: Treo 600 x.y
    HS SN: 1234567890123 [displayed in phone options] [hmmmm]
    HS SN: [removed - KR][actual serial number]

New Unit:
    Version: 1.12-INT
    Hardware: B
    HS SN: [removed - KR]

I am thinking about keeping my original one .. and just sending T-Mobile their phone back .. I will wait to see what this group has to say ...
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 09/16/2004 at 03:28 PM.
    --
    . )) -::-
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
    -::- ((
    Did you have the same or no SD cards?
    dude, take out the sn in your post!!!!!!!!
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Why ?? [remove the Serial Number] Guess I am ignorant to the reason. Please explain what harm could come of that ..

Thanks,
    BTW .. In my case it would be "Dudette."
    --
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
  5.    #5  
    No cards in either. Diane
    --
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    you know, I thought the same thing when I got my replacement. I didn't weigh them but it definately felt that way. I still have my original, the replacement and another replacement on the way... maybe I'll break out the scale when the new one gets here.

It's probably the cheaper components
    I noticed the same thing when I got a replacement, but after I did a hard reset and deleted all of the information from the original, they weighed about the same. I guess it depends how much information you have stored on the device. I know that I had some really heavy applications too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget-A-Holic
    Why ?? [remove the Serial Number] Guess I am ignorant to the reason. Please explain what harm could come of that ..

Thanks,
    BTW .. In my case it would be "Dudette."
    If P1 has an upgrade program in the future, anyone reading your SN in this forum could use it to upgrade in your place. If that person does it, you cannot upgrade anymore, because your SN would have been marked at P1 as being "already used" for the upgrade program.

You should take the SN out of the post.
  9.    #9  
    One other thing that is REALLY STRANGE is that when I plug in my sync cord on the old machine ... the sync button is on the top, but when I plug into this one that T-Mobile sent me, the cord plugs in the opposite way, so the sync button is on the bottom .. STRANGE, huh ?? It's as if the insides are upside down ...

Diane
    --
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
  10.    #10  
    OK .. how do I do that ?? Diane
    --
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
  11.    #11  
    Is there a moderator that can do that? Remove the numbers?? I mean, they can move an entire post to a different group, so can they edit my post as well? Hope so.

Sorry, thought the serial number would be a clue to identifying how the 2 units are different. Diane
    --
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
    One way is to edit your post and delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget-A-Holic
    Is there a moderator that can do that? Remove the numbers?? I mean, they can move an entire post to a different group, so can they edit my post as well? Hope so.

Sorry, thought the serial number would be a clue to identifying how the 2 units are different. Diane
  13.    #13  
    haha .. I was going to say that in my original post, but I was afraid someone would think that I was serious. This is my first PDA Phone .. but I have had almost every palm or pocket pc ... or handheld .. or ??? since the beginning of time. I am like one of those people that don't know how to use their VCR .. You know, the ones with the time blinking 12:00 .. I don't know how to use the remote control for the satellite either ... or the DVD player ... That's because I don't watch movies or TV I guess.

ONE LAST UNKNOWN FACT ... embarrassing as it may be ... I have had my Treo for about one week. I haven't made my first call yet. I had the Sidekick before this .. Couldn't ever get the phone to answer .. no matter what button I pushed ... JEEZ ... I just have the phone for emergencies .. on the road emergencies because I drive a 67 VW Bus 70 miles round trip each day. I have told everyone .. need to reach me fast, email my telephone ... I do know computers and email ... and internet ...

Diane
    --
    . .))
    JeWitch1 AT
    HOTMAIL DOT COM
    ((. ..
    I removed the SN. I believe you can edit your own posts, too, if it ever comes up in the future.