1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to play regular Internet Radio on the TREO600? The kind that can be played on the PC via Media Player...

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Don't really know what you mean by "regular Internet Radio" but PocketTunes can play Shoutcast streams.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    Does anyone know if there is a way to play regular Internet Radio on the TREO600? The kind that can be played on the PC via Media Player...

Thanks.
    I am assuming that you mean regular stations in which you can hear commercials and everything...most radio stations can be heard using Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. They can not be heard on the Treo (at least not live).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    This for instance: http://radio.snhu.edu/listen/broadcast.php

or any of the stations offered via the Windows Media Player..

Hope this makes sense.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    I am assuming that you mean regular stations in which you can hear commercials and everything...most radio stations can be heard using Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. They can not be heard on the Treo (at least not live).

What does someone have to do to allow this? Is it just an app that no one has written yet?
    I think PTunes allows for shoutcast internet station correct?
    The only form of internet radio supported by any Palm software is Shoutcast. Pocket Tunes Deluxe is the only software that supports this that I'm aware of. There is no software that will support streaming wma (windows media) or real audio at the moment. I believe the developers of Pocket Tunes are looking into supporting streaming wma in the future.

At TreoBits, we have Treo friendly (lower bitrate) shoutcast listings that are easy to browse at our mobile site (visit http://www.treobits.com with your Treo). You can select a link in Web (Blazer), and Pocket Tunes Deluxe will automatically start playing it.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    FYI, Ptunes can stream both Shoutcast as well as MP3 streams on PalmOS. Also, the latest MMPlayer awhile ago was ago was able to stream mpeg. In addtion, Kinoma can also stream is propietary video format as well as Fireviewer...

Finally, if you want to stream a particular feed to your Treo that is not supported by shoutcast, then you might consider setting up your own shoutcast server! There's been a few threads here on how to set one up. Do a search!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions