Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Seidio G2500 Car Kit for the Treo600 allows users to drive in complete comfort. You can listen to GPS commands or audio books through the built-in amplified speaker. This car kit is also used as a hands-free speakerphone while driving.

Features:

• Model specific - Simply slide your Treo600 into the mount without having to plug in additional wires and cables.

• Integrated speaker with volume control - Improves sound output from you Treo600 as well as the ability to be used as a speakerphone while driving.

• GPS ready - Plug the optional GPS wired receiver directly into the cradle for charging and connect it to the Treo600 to eliminate expensive Y-cables.

• DC Out port - An additional port for charging your cellular phone or additional PDA using the Add-On Charging Cable.

• DC power - Supplied either from the cigarette ligher socket or the unit can be hard-wired directly into the car's electrical system (12V - 24V)

• There are two extra audio jacks available on the cradle:

1. Audio out jack for an earphone or headphones.

2. External microphone jack - Plug in a microphone for hands-free operation.

• Switch available on the cradle to allow easy selection of either "hands-free" mode or "MP3/GPS" mode.

• 360 degree swivel adaptor - Ensures maximum driver/passenger readability and viewing.

• Mounting solutions - With the pedestals included, users can mount their Treo600 in a variety of ways based on their personal preference or vehicle interior.

For more information about this product, please visit: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...2DSMGF1HSTR600
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 09/17/2004 at 11:32 AM.
    Quick question: How does one select between the "audio out" jack and the integrated speaker? Is there a switch, or does the speaker automatically turn off if there's something plugged into the audio jack?

tdh
    Another question: I noticed under the "Select Your GPS Receiver:" section you have listed "Bluetooth and Compact Flash GPS (all brand)" In other words, if I order this kit and specify the above option for my GPS selection, will I get an adapter that will accept my compact flash gps? If so, I'll order one right now!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    Quick question: How does one select between the "audio out" jack and the integrated speaker? Is there a switch, or does the speaker automatically turn off if there's something plugged into the audio jack?

tdh
    Hi, Thhood,

There is no switch, when you plug into the audio jack, just turn the volume ccontrol all the way down.

Seidio
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    Another question: I noticed under the "Select Your GPS Receiver:" section you have listed "Bluetooth and Compact Flash GPS (all brand)" In other words, if I order this kit and specify the above option for my GPS selection, will I get an adapter that will accept my compact flash gps? If so, I'll order one right now!!
    HI Jason,

GPS adaptor cable is for mouse (wired) receiver only. When you use CF gps or blue tooth receiver, you do not need any GPS adaptor cable.

Seidio
    Seidio had said that a G2500 for Mp3 and GPS will be available for sept 17, but i do not see it now. How can i find it?
    lghitis : i think it is the same
    The one I was refering to was listed for $199, and then you just had to buy the software. I even was told when I called them, that soon they will have a package including the sofware . Anybody knows anything? Seidioseidio?
    Here is the quote from the forum from 9?4/2004:

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

Our phone system was very busy on Friday. Sorry we have missed some of your calls.

G2100 does not come with built-in speaker like G2500. For those who are interested in setting up the GPS system by using G2100, Seidio will release a full package later on, which includes 1) G2100 2) GPS receiver 3) Navigation software. The release date is about 9/17.

For those who are interested in the integrated speaker type (G2500). We plan to make it available by 9/17 for CDMA version (Sprint and Verizon). GSM version will be a little bit later.

Thank you very much for your interest and patience we really aprreciate it.

Seidio
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Here is the quote from the forum from 9?4/2004:
    Hi Lghitis,

The price for G2500 is $ 109.95. You can also purchase Seidio SGR-300 wired receiver at $ 90.00. If you also need the navigation software, Seidio will release "GPS in the box for Treo 600" on or before 9/24, which includes

1) G2500 car kit for Treo 600
    2) Seidio SGR-300 wired receievr
    3) Mapopolis Navigation software for Treo 600

Seidio
    Will the G2500 work with other GPS receivers from other brands?
    Do you know what the price will be for that "GPS in the box"?
    lightis : i think G2500 works with GPS listed on seidioonline and also with those GPS receivers with DIY cable
    for the price : if you put a G2500 + SGR-300 + mapopolis = 109$+90$+100$ ~= 300$ (so i think we have to expect a price about 300$, maybe a little bit less)

seidioseidio : i though "GPS in the box" was with a G2100 ?
    I am not sure, but I think the Garmin 3600 ( a friend has one) for GPS for $400 sounds better and it is portable, has a great resolution (compare to treo 600) and seems less complicated.
    don't know : never tried the Garmin 3600 but i love my Treo 600 and for me, there is nothing better yet
    Dont get me wrong, I love my treo 600 for the other applications, like telephone, e-mail, instant messenger, internet access, avantgo, epocrates, etc, etc. I have tried mapopolis with treo 600 (without GPS) and seems a little slow and difficult to configure and follow.
    maybe you are true : didn't tried mapopolis
    but i know someone who tried digi-map and he said that it worked perfectly
    It would be nice if you could compare one with the other (gramin 3600 and this one). The car kit is not a priority for me and it looks to bulky. I use a cheap holder on my AC vent and with the speakerphone the treo 600 works just fine for me. I think that $300 would be a little too much to pay for that package at this point. I probably wait until something simpler comes out, like a SD card-GPS receiver which makes it also portable.
    for me the car kit and the apperance are very important (i don't want for example to have a DIY car kit ...) and i think if you i have to use the Treo with a GPS i'll also use a good car kit to make my treo visible for me without having to move my head for example ...
    300$ would be too much too for me because i don't really need a gps since i don't travel with my car in unknown places enough ... but the package seems to be good
    is a SD-GPS possible for Treo 600 ??
    SD-GPS possible for Treo 600? I hope.

The new Treo will fit in that car kit? Probably not.
    i'm not sure that a SD-GPS would be possible for the Treo 600 since bluetooth SD is not possible

i don't know if the new Treo will fit in actual car kit (i heard rumors that it will not be compatible) ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast