Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by fortin
    lightis : i think G2500 works with GPS listed on seidioonline and also with those GPS receivers with DIY cable
    for the price : if you put a G2500 + SGR-300 + mapopolis = 109$+90$+100$ ~= 300$ (so i think we have to expect a price about 300$, maybe a little bit less)

seidioseidio : i though "GPS in the box" was with a G2100 ?
    Hi Fortin,

The price for GPS in the box including G2500 is $ 269.95.

Seidio
    Has anyone ordered this kit yet? Is it shipping?
    The discussion about the Carkit and the service and support so far is not very encouraging, gives me that impression. Maybe I am wrong.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Seidio seems to have a problem getting this product to market. They keeping pushing it off week after week. The scarry part is the first buyers are more then likely BETA testers for the product.

Seidio seems to be on this forum hawking their wares but nowhere to be found when they drop the ball.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    as i said in another post in this forum : "To everyone : i'm in contact with Seidio and i can tell you that they got (at their office) a version of carkits which has some problems so they are now waiting for an updated version : they should receive them in about 1 week so we have to wait a little bit more (i'm also waiting mines ...) (remember that you are still waiting for Half-life 2 lol)"
  6.    #26  
    We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused. Please be assure that you are not the Beta testers for Seidio's G2500 Car Kit for Treo600. This product has been tested continuously by our technical specialsts. The shipment we received had a slight deviation, therefore, we had to return them for adjustment. We, at Seidio, do take our product innovation and quality as priority. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Seidioseidio
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused. Please be assure that you are not the Beta testers for Seidio's G2500 Car Kit for Treo600. This product has been tested continuously by our technical specialsts. The shipment we received had a slight deviation, therefore, we had to return them for adjustment. We, at Seidio, do take our product innovation and quality as priority. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Seidioseidio
    Thank you for your response.

I would like to voice one other concern with your email response. Speaking for myself, including all the people who had ordered the Car Kit in the CC section of email is rather upsetting.

It also gives the impression of a company that does not take customer relations seriously.

I will wait to order a Car Kit after I see some responses on the boards.

I will say, the people who post here seem to be having second thoughts on buying so i might have to wait awhile.

PS

I would kick myself if I didn't ask this. Siedio might offer a 15% discount to those people like myself who had ordered a Car Kit only to be told weeks after the purchase it would be further delayed.

Mend some fences.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    It's fun and exciting!
    When I ordered mine the Seidio website said nothing about delays in shipping. Now it says: "Availability: Shipping in 5 - 7 Business Days." I ordered mine over 7 business days ago and it still hasn't shipped.
    Most companies are boring. You order something and they ship it to you.
    Not Seidio! The fun and exciting part is I get to check their website every day to see if my order has shipped. Of course it hasn't and I get to wait with bated breath until the next day to learn that my order hasn't shipped. When (or If) it ever shows up at my front door I will rejoice for I can say that I truly worked for it.
    Then the real fun begins ... finding out if they shipped one of the devices that actually works.
    Hello Everyone,

I just got a Treo 600 yesterday through Verizon. I'm new to the PDA world and am looking forward to joining it (I'm not quite sure, though, whether it will simplify or complicate my life). I've waited until now to enter the PDA world, because I dreaded the idea of keeping track of where I placed both my cell phone and a PDA. Now, with some decent smart-phones on the market, like the 600, I won't have that problem (only one device to keep track of!)

In any case, I have a few question regarding car kits, particularly Seidio's 2500 and PalmOne's OEM model. I'm hoping someone here may have some answers.

1) I have read some negative words about the OEM car kit. Has anyone had any experience with it? I Would appreciate your comments.

2) Is it possible to hook up a Treo 600-compatible GPS to your Treo if the Treo is attached to the OEM car kit, or does the car kit get in the way of doing so? If you can use a GPS with the OEM car kit, what brands will work?

3) Besides price and a GPS port, what are the advantages of Seidio's 2500 over the OEM car kit?

4) Is there presently a bundled package for Seidio's 2500 together with their GPS unit? If so, what's the cost?

5) I understand that Sedio's GPS unit does not come with mapping software. Does anyone have any recommendations for decent mapping software (North America) that is compatible with the Treo 600 & Seidio's GPS? (the program would need to provide turn-by-turn navigation voice prompts).

6) Finally, I have a couple of weeks in which I can still exchange my Treo 600. I might consider this and opt to wait for the 650 if it won't be too much longer before it comes out, and if its not that much more expensive that the 600. Is there a release date for the 650 yet (a Verizon-compatable version)? Does anyone know at what price it's expected to come out at?

I'd appreciate any and all guidance you could provide!

Regards,

Eric

(I originally posted this message to the wrong thread. Sorry!)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12