Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    A simple button mapper is all I ask for. The ability to assign mulitiple applications to the 4 hard buttons distinguished only by (1) a single push, (2) a double push, or (3) a hold of the button. Is such simplicity in a button mapper possible?
    Yes, try Singlebutton:
    http://www.joat.ca/software/sbl.html

Works great just by holding down the button.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowlings
    A simple button mapper is all I ask for. The ability to assign mulitiple applications to the 4 hard buttons distinguished only by (1) a single push, (2) a double push, or (3) a hold of the button. Is such simplicity in a button mapper possible?

1 button pro, I love this launcher

http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....=evanssoftware
    HBX does it for me. Exactly as you describe.
    yep.
    Are there any apps that will allow you to use the power button to launch say "Big Clock" and then shut off?

Thanks,

rjmoose
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips, gang, but my kingdom remains in my possession. All of these apps require an intermediate step. They take you to a screen from which you can then select an app to go to. I don't want that step. I want to push the hard buton once and go to an app - push it twice quickly and go to a differnent app - hold it down for a few seconds and go to a third different app. 1 button looks like a great app, but too complicated for my little brain and locked me up when trying to work with it. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest, eh?
    I do not remember which app I tried that did just what you are wanting. I was not happy with it. The pressing for x seconds really got very, very old and if I was in a hurry, I never pressed it right. I then tried all of the launches and they worked - just so many options were provided that the launching process oftgen became secondary. Too many icons, too busy of a screen, too long to set it up for an action, et cetera. I purchased HardButton Extender and was pleased, until I finally decided that it really did a lousy job with my Sprint Treo 600. Too long, sometimes would not press even after an extended pressing period, and so on. One purchase that I really was not happy with. So, I came across Co-Launcher and purchased it. It launches and does nothing else. My complaint with it is that the developer does not want to include support for the external card.

Ben

Ben
    Try Qlaunch!
    Qlaunch is definitely the way to go. You can set hold times and whether it flashes or beeps when it's cycling... I personally have it beep... And, as an example:

These are in the form of Press once/Hold for one beep/Hold for two beeps/Hold for three beeps

B1-Phone/Takephone/Soft Reset/Brightness to low (the last two are the most used!)
    B2-Bugme Notepad/McPhling (I don't use Qlaunch on this button, I like a menu of most frequently used proggies)
    B3-SMS/Memopad/Preferences/Nothing
    B4-No change

So, I only use Qlaunch on B1 and B3. You'll also note that I have the last thing in the cycle do something non-important, so if I accidentally push and hold, nothing happens (except for B1 where the brightness changes). This is nice for when your timing is off. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by hocus703
    Qlaunch is definitely the way to go. You can set hold times and whether it flashes or beeps when it's cycling... I personally have it beep... And, as an example:

These are in the form of Press once/Hold for one beep/Hold for two beeps/Hold for three beeps

B1-Phone/Takephone/Soft Reset/Brightness to low (the last two are the most used!)
    B2-Bugme Notepad/McPhling (I don't use Qlaunch on this button, I like a menu of most frequently used proggies)
    B3-SMS/Memopad/Preferences/Nothing
    B4-No change

So, I only use Qlaunch on B1 and B3. You'll also note that I have the last thing in the cycle do something non-important, so if I accidentally push and hold, nothing happens (except for B1 where the brightness changes). This is nice for when your timing is off. =)
    This doesn't conflict with your TakePhone settings? Do you have TP configured to cycle through the different app screens by pressing the phone/contact button ("B1")? I would guess you have the "hold=do nothing" preference set on TP, correct?