1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I guess its the closest!

I've got a Treo 600 GSM with T-Mobile and the USB sync cable. I also have a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. I installed the Palm Desktop 4.1 software and tried to do the initial sync, but it isn't working! When I plugged in the Treo and hit the sync button, Windows XP asked if I wanted to install the driver, so I let it (I've done this more than a few times on other machines) Everything I can tell shows me that XP sees the Treo (it shows up in Device Manager and is "working properly") yet Hotsync never opens and starts to sync! Hotsync is running and the USB option is selected. I spent several hours on the phone with PalmOne and they finally said "your USB is broken, or the USB hardware is not compatible, call Dell" -- so I called Dell, and $30 later, they said everything is fine, it is a software or driver problem, call PalmOne.. heh.. GROWL! Any thoughts?
    I'm using an Inspiron 5150 and a GSM Treo with no problems. When you're on the hotsync screen on your Treo..is it showing USB as the connection?
  3.    #3  
    Yeah it is set up for Crade/Cable on the device.. I forgot to mention that if I unplug the USB from the laptop and plug it into a Dell desktop, I'm able to sync just fine.. I want to use it on the laptop so that I can use PDANet though..
    (and be able to get pictures off the device while I'm on the road) So the device is set up properly, it has to be something with the hotsync not being installed properly or something screwed up with XP... (yes I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, re-downloaded the installer, rebooted inbetween each try, used the USB Reg Clean utility, yadda yadda yadda)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Are you going through a USB plug through a docking station or USB hub? I found that docking stations and USB hubs can be the cause of this type of problem. If you are going through a hub or docking statuion, try plugging directly into the USB port on the laptop itself.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    How can you be worried about synching your Treo with Ivan beating down your door?
    I was worried about someone else syncing. But thanks for asking. We made it through pretty well, although I suspect the power will be out for quite some time to come. Thank god for the generator.

I put a few post Ivan pics on my blog site: http://allibama.textamerica.com

We were extremely fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    How can you be worried about synching your Treo with Ivan beating down your door?
  7.    #7  
    I'm going directly in the USB port on the back of the notebook...

And about Ivan, my mother lives in Lilian AL, about a mile north of the mandatory evac zone.
    I hope all is well there. Lilian is a great little place - very close to where my inlaws live.

Quote Originally Posted by viper0775
    I'm going directly in the USB port on the back of the notebook...

And about Ivan, my mother lives in Lilian AL, about a mile north of the mandatory evac zone.