1.    #1  
    It seems there is a limit of two, but $11 dollars is outstanding considering that I paid something like $79 for my first less than a year ago. This price makes them almost disposable.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=82031

Not it's a confusing rebate that ends on 9/15/2004, but starts on 9/16/2004. I'm hoping that's an old rebate that ended yesterday.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    It seems there is a limit of two, but $11 dollars is outstanding considering that I paid something like $79 for my first less than a year ago. This price makes them almost disposable.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=82031

Not it's a confusing rebate that ends on 9/15/2004, but starts on 9/16/2004. I'm hoping that's an old rebate that ended yesterday.
    On the rebate form it says the rebate is not redeemable if product is purchased through a distributor or other reseller. Wouldn't zipzoomfly.com be considered a reseller?

btw, on the Kingston site, the price after rebate is $22.99 (almost what zipzoomfly is stating as the price before rebate)

what do you think?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Nevermind.. I see the rebate is specific to ZipZoomFly. I'm good at reading the small print but seem to overlook the big bold stuff.
    This is only a 2mb/s SD card, btw. It's last year's tech, which is why they're having to blow it out like that. Cheap for the quantity, but don't expect a lot of speed... Is 2mb/s enough to stream mp3s and video? Seems like it would be marginal.
  5.    #5  
    Most mp3s (at my encoding of 128) are about 1mb per minute of music. Thus if you can get 2mb/s you get enough for 2 minutes of music in a second. At twice the encoding you'd get 1 minute of music read in a second. I don't think this would be an issue for streaming mp3s. I don't know about video which would use more, but I don't stream video off my card. I basically consider the Treo's resolution/screen size too small to be overly useful. I think a hi-res screen would make it more useful.
    Cards don't actually transfer data at that stated bitrate, though. Latency and other issues matter as well. I know straight by the #s there wouldn't be an issue but there could still be stutters or other issues with playing mp3s on the treo.