Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sad day it is to realize that this era of pda is nearing its close.
    my wife's treo 90 needs to be replaced but I don't think treo 90 's are made anymore.
    well, I think this thread, if it is answered at all, will be the last of the treo 90 legacy, sadly.
    bon voyage, treo 90.
    I got one on ebay for my wife nib a few months ago. Its great for her. she not as into technical stuff as me
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    I'm a trumpet player. Let me know if 'Taps' is needed.
    It was a beautiful PDA. I think palm should keep selling it as a Zire... everybody that I showed it to loved the size and the keyboard (if they weren't into Graffiti).
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    I don't look here often. Where did all the old threads go?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    To TreoHeaven....
    If you look at the bottom of the thread page there is an option to display all threads for the last month (default i think). you can change that to display all threads from the beginning...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I still use my 90 at work. since we're not allowed to have cellphones there.
    Great machine -- if only they'd made a hi-res, OS 5 version... (sigh)
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty J
    I still use my 90 at work. since we're not allowed to have cellphones there.
    Great machine -- if only they'd made a hi-res, OS 5 version... (sigh)
    I agree. and like it was stated above, i hope they keep the treo 90 as they would a zire, because i think its truly a fantastic pda. up the res and we have a real winner. maybe there is life yet in the future for the treo 90!
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    I agree. and like it was stated above, i hope they keep the treo 90 as they would a zire, because i think its truly a fantastic pda. up the res and we have a real winner. maybe there is life yet in the future for the treo 90!
    Why would P1 make a new Treo 90 when they have the T|C. it's has what you guys want (high res and OS 5) and it adds Wifi and a huge battery...
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Why would P1 make a new Treo 90 when they have the T|C. it's has what you guys want (high res and OS 5) and it adds Wifi and a huge battery...
    thats true, except some users may not want a high end wifi device, maybe theyd only want a basic pda with a keyboard. like the zire with a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    thats true, except some users may not want a high end wifi device, maybe theyd only want a basic pda with a keyboard. like the zire with a keyboard.
    Don't you see though, The PDA with a keyboard failed. That's why their is no Treo 91 (or whatever the next one would have been). I just don't see Palm1 doing this. They are having a hard enough time selling their handhelds they have now. The Treo is the Meat of their company right now.

Don't get me wrong. I still recomend the Treo 90 to ppl that love my Treo 600 but don't like the phone idea. Basicly, the idea came, went, and is now almost dead. Sorry Treo 90 your kind died b4 it was ever given a chance.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    If you look at the bottom of the thread page there is an option to display all threads for the last month (default i think). you can change that to display all threads from the beginning...

Timmay
    Good to know! I never knew this option existed because the other forums are so active.
    Good to know! I never knew this option existed because the other forums are so active.
    Where abouts in Boston are ya Silverado?
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    All
    - Treo 90s are the perfect soccer mom PDA slim, trim, color screen obvious to use - syncs with their calendars at work - I dump one of the Palm Zire line and cut the price on the 90 to about 80 bills - sell it for christmas and get the last out of the marketplace - also poorer students will buy it - as long as it can do voice memos
    Where abouts in Boston are ya Silverado?

Man, a lot of us MA people here...
    I still have my 90 and I love it. battery lasts forever withou recharge. it does most things I need in a pda. its very durable, VERY light and small/thin. I can carry it between my cheeks er.........I mean in my pocket and it disappears cuz its so thin and doesnt weigh down my pocket cuz its so light. I have finally seen the first device that MAY be able to properly replace my phones and pda combination and that is the new Motorola Mpx. that thing looks sick!!! I don't have a treo 600 cuz everyone I know that has had one hasnt had one...........they've had 3 or 4!!! headaches from build quality like that I dont need thank you very much. my treo 90 is rock solid and it, like my phones can take a beating. the 90 was without a doubt the best of its class (low/mid range pda). the keyboard rocks. i saw video clips once of speed typing contest finalists on the 90. the fastest people were typing at over 70 wpm!!!! if I hadnt seen the videos, I wouldnt have believed it. blew me away. anyway, the 90 did and still does rock.

mi too sense
    Gotta agree with a lot of the posts here,...I've had my 90 for a while and it's been a pain here and there getting it synced and everything while I use the laptop (IBM TP A31p) but there is just something about this unit that is really cool. Maybe it was the flip cover,...maybe it was the keyboard at the time,....just design-wise it struck me as a really nice little PDA.

Now unfortunately, I'm seriously considering the Blackberry (yeah, I can hear the booing and hissing now) but it took me forever to figure out the Bluetooth connection with the SDIO card but now that it's working,...I may have to change my mind and see how this goes for a while.

As far as the keyboard,...never got used to the typing. Thank God I found a hack that let me use Graffiti on the screen.

Da Killer Pup.
    Last edited by Killerpuppies; 10/20/2004 at 04:59 PM. Reason: misspelling
    I still have and use my Treo 90 even though I have a Treo 600 and probably will upgrade to the 650. My main use is an automotive diagnostic program (communicates with the cars computers). If I drop it using it as an automotive tool, I don't freak out compared to dropping my Treo 600. I also use it for taking notes, etc.. at facilities that do not allow cameras. The keyboard is great and the form factor/size/weight is perfect. I agree with a previous post that it is to bad that the unit will not be updated to a modern hi-res screen and a newer version of the OS. These changes with the addition of an MP3 player and voice memos, combined with a medium to low cost would make a great PDA. To bad the whole PDA market is going away. Maybe in the distant future a decendent of the 650, without a camera, will get down to the size and weight of the 90!
    I still have a Treo 90 too, I don't use it much but I have that Gismo to show power point and PDA presentations via LCD projectors, its cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast