1.    #1  
    Butler is now the #1 monthly download on palmgear (http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...C2&PartnerREF=) Two things jump to mind at this fact: there are a lot of treo owners out there! And Handspring really left off some crucial features!
    Way to go Rob!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have trie many times lately to download the Butler Software. It is downloaded as a zip file, but I can't get it to install on my Computer. It keeps saying that the destination is my SD Card, and that it cannot be loaded on my computer??? Anybody have same issues?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    No problems downloading-- what makes me both laugh and cringe is that I have my reg number memorized because I have gone through so many versions!

How would YOU like to be addressed? Sir or Madam?!!!!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    What makes Rob's feat even more outstanding is that, if I recall correctly-- Rob made comments on this very board that he wanted to try programming on the Palm platform...

Then a few weeks later there was word of this little utility that turned off that silly blinking light!

If I am getting it wrong, plz correct me but it seems like Rob came from nowhere to be the most downloaded software on Palmgear...

Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    What makes Rob's feat even more outstanding is that, if I recall correctly-- Rob made comments on this very board that he wanted to try programming on the Palm platform...

Then a few weeks later there was word of this little utility that turned off that silly blinking light!

If I am getting it wrong, plz correct me but it seems like Rob came from nowhere to be the most downloaded software on Palmgear...

Nice work!
    Indeed!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Yup this is true. Amazing huh? great job Rob!
    Quote Originally Posted by gator12
    I have trie many times lately to download the Butler Software. It is downloaded as a zip file, but I can't get it to install on my Computer. It keeps saying that the destination is my SD Card, and that it cannot be loaded on my computer??? Anybody have same issues?
    Steps should be:
    1) download zip on pc
    2) navigate to butler.prc (inside zip - you'll need winzip)
    3) double click on butler.prc (should go to install tool)
    4) hotsync.

I suspect you're trying to download directly to your treo which will give you problems.

Cheers!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Still not working! It says taht zip files can only be loaded on my sd card and not the handheld. How do you unzip?
    gator12, it's not going to work as easily downloading it to your handheld. Download to your PC, then unzip the files on your PC (as stated, using WinZip or some other such utility), then doubleclick the Butler.prc file, then hotsync the handheld. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Everytime I try to save it in my computer it says that the destination is my sd card and it cannot go to the handheld. How do I get it to sve to my computer?
    Where are you trying to save it from? Are you downloading the file to your PC from a link in a web browser? If so, I can't understand how you would get a message about downloading to your handheld. You've stumped me.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm about to give up, thanks for the help. I don't know why this is so difficult. I just bought an SD card yesterday and have had no need to use it yet. I don't know why the destination for this download keeps coming up as the SD card destination. Obviously I'm not that handy with computers, but I've never encountered this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by gator12

...Obviously I'm not that handy with computers, but I've never encountered this before.
    Get a Mac
    Maybe confused can post the PRC to this forum, then you can try downloading that directly.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    That would help!!
    I had the same problem- unzipped and saw the file till the cows came home, but it wouldn't work. THEN I bought a copy and put in the code, and Voila! It loaded onto my palm and has worked since.
    the new version of butler hangs all the time. And the led light gets stuck, no wonder they included the led reset button! the launcher stops working sometimes and you will need to disable enable again. Wish it were more stable!
    Quote Originally Posted by ningning
    the new version of butler hangs all the time. And the led light gets stuck, no wonder they included the led reset button! the launcher stops working sometimes and you will need to disable enable again. Wish it were more stable!
    Er, I have no problems. Version 2.0 was a little buggy, but version 2.1 works like a charm. I've had Butler installed for a while, never really had LED problems. Possibly you're experiencing a conflict with another piece of software that I don't have?
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  20.    #20  
    Verichat will screw with the LED setting, FYI. It will go back to normal after an alert forces Butler to reset the LED.