Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    XM Radio is going live on the web

http://www.xmradio.com/listen/index.jsp

I wonder if this will work with the Treo like shoutcast?
    Not anytime soon but XM to phones could be a huge revenue market for Sat Radio.
    Why bother when you can get Shoutcast with Pocket Tunes for free?
    I play XM radio stations on my Treo 650 all the time. Same should work for Sirius. Just get any unit that has an audio out jack and connect to audio in on your PC or Mac. Run the Shoutcast server app (free from shoutcast.com) on XP, Mac OS X, or Linux and then run Shoutcast broadcast app (WinAmp is $20 for Windows, Mac app is free). Set the broadcast app to pick up the XM or Sirius signal from audio in. Adjust your firewall to redirect port 8000 and 8001 to your PC. Then use Pocket Tunes Deluxe to pick up the XM radio Shoutcast stream at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8000 using the IP address of your broadband net connection. I set up a 24K stream with WinAmp, and it sounds great on the 650 using my Sprint PCS Vision connection.
    Victrola-Any chance of you listing your XM shoutcast link?
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    Nubian: I'd prefer not to be listening from jail. You'll need your own XM or Sirius subscription ... but you knew that.
    Quote Originally Posted by victrola
    I play XM radio stations on my Treo 650 all the time. Same should work for Sirius. Just get any unit that has an audio out jack and connect to audio in on your PC or Mac. Run the Shoutcast server app (free from shoutcast.com) on XP, Mac OS X, or Linux and then run Shoutcast broadcast app (WinAmp is $20 for Windows, Mac app is free). Set the broadcast app to pick up the XM or Sirius signal from audio in. Adjust your firewall to redirect port 8000 and 8001 to your PC. Then use Pocket Tunes Deluxe to pick up the XM radio Shoutcast stream at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8000 using the IP address of your broadband net connection. I set up a 24K stream with WinAmp, and it sounds great on the 650 using my Sprint PCS Vision connection.

Are you able to change streams to another station (from the treo), though?
    wow, I am on my way to try this.... thank u victrola!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    Are you able to change streams to another station (from the treo), though?
    That would be a nice feature. On the Mac, you could do it easily with AppleScript by sending an email message to Indigo (home control system which can run AppleScipts) or programming Ovolab Phlink (phone software) to run the script when you phone home and enter certain touch-tones (works just like 'Press 1 for sales, 2 for support, blah, blah, blah). You could probably do something similar on the PC. I'm just not as familiar with the home automation tools on the PC platform any more.
    P.S. I think you'd probably have to have an XM PCR receiver to change stations via software. But there are lots of them for sale on eBay.
    Any way to change stations without the time drain of vnc?
    I guess I could write something real quick to use sms/email to change stations. I'm looking into if it's possible.
    Just set mine up. How unbelieveably COOL. This ROCKS!! This BOARD ROCKS!! Thanks to all of you guys that know stuff, I, in turn, can know stuff, too!
    Hey, Victorla: Again, thanks for the awesome idea! I noticed that my server status is "public". Do you know if there is a way to make it private? I know it is unlikely anyone will find it, but I don't want the wrong people to find it, if you know what I mean.
    Mike
    I stream Sirius at work, it will stop if you don't respond to a 'you still there' prompt after some time.
    I wonder if any of this is easier on Pocket PC.
    I am going to setup the same system as victrola using an AM/FM PCI card so that I can broadcast the RedSox games to my Treo no matter where I am. As long as i am the only one listening i'll be fine...

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Hey, Victorla: Again, thanks for the awesome idea! I noticed that my server status is "public". Do you know if there is a way to make it private? I know it is unlikely anyone will find it, but I don't want the wrong people to find it, if you know what I mean.
    Mike
    There's a PublicServer flag that you can set to never in the ShoutCast server config file (sc_serv.conf). You also can do it with your stream app, I think. It just keeps your server from being listed on the ShoutCast web site. If someone knows your IP address, he or she can still get your stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    I am going to setup the same system as victrola using an AM/FM PCI card so that I can broadcast the RedSox games to my Treo no matter where I am. As long as i am the only one listening i'll be fine...

Timmay
    Where'd you get that card? I couldn't find one for my laptop.
    Gotta love shoutcast! Streaming as we speak
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast