View Poll Results: Are you happy with your purchase of LIGHTWAV?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES I am happy AND the software works well on my device

20 32.79%
  • YES I am happy AND the software DOES NOT work well on my device (resets & SD card unmounts)

12 19.67%
  • NO I am not happy with my purchase and think the developer should REFUND the purchase

12 19.67%
  • I didn't purchase Lightwav because I found the demo buggy purchased other software instead.

17 27.87%
  1.    #1  
    POLL: Are you happy with your LIGHTWAV purchase?

See background http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=1&pp=20
    dude why dont you actually make a poll?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #3  
    Poll is now up.
    you forgot the option for "I was too dumb to put the evaluation period to good use and bought the software anyway"

I tied Lightwav and it didnt do much for me. Played with it for 8 days and deleted it. Causes a couple resets but thats the treo's plight. Didnt suit my needs so I dumped. Good software though if thats what you need. Incidentally Callfilter was the same way for me.

Bottom line I was able to determine this during the trial period. What did you do load it and then ignore it for a month?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    How about another option:

YES I am happy AND the software works fairly well on my device (resets & SD card unmounts on occasion), but can't determine if it's Lightwav causing the problem or one of the other apps on my device that might be causing a conflict.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    My problem was not with resets and SD card unmounts so I can't vote in your poll. I was generally happy but had an occasional problem (screen freeze) that I could live with.

Why are 3 out of the 4 choices negative? Kind of a slanted poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505

Why are 3 out of the 4 choices negative? Kind of a slanted poll.

It's called an agenda.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Also, there are other reasons someone might not purchase a demo besides "Buggy". One poster has already said it didn't suit his needs. There are at least 50 demos I have tried but didn't buy and most weren't buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    POLL: Are you happy with your LIGHTWAV purchase?

See background http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&page=1&pp=20
    Hate to tell you but the poll is pointless, if I had the time to waste I'd show you how I could run up the count to favor whatever choice I want. It would be nice to know the TRUTH though, it aint going to happen with this poll though.
    you also missed the option: I don't have LightWav because I don't care about having .mp3 to use as ringers and having each contact use a different sound. That's my vote
    This poll sucks.
    That's my vote
    LightWav bit me yesterday. I had a GIF animation for when I receive a call. This has worked fine for months. However, the animation apparently slowed down the system so much, when I pushed the button to answer, it took several seconds. Because I would get impatient and push the button again, I would accidentally hang up the call. I turned this feature off and my Treo started resetting every few minutes. I tried Crash, but it did not catch this crash. (Odd.) Eventually, I did a hard reset and restored from backup. The reset problem resumed. I deleted the LightWav app from memory (it had been restored by the backup). Suddenly, Crash popped up and after it allowed the system to reset, the crashes stopped.

Long story short, completely removing LightWav solved my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbear
    Long story short, completely removing LightWav solved my problem.
    Gee what a surprise, lol, now lets see if some ***** trys to blame you for it or maybe they'll just call you a whiner.

Now d/l fileZ and you'll see one last file that lightwav left on your palm as a gift that does'nt get deleted when you delete lightwav.
    I've been using lightwave for quite some time and been happy with the program. I use to save my wav into ram since I didn't have an SD card. Now that I do have an SD card I've then since stored some mp3 as my ringtones on my card and use ptunes to play them. Now I get the screen freeze which I would have to reset to fix and sometimes it wouldnt recognize the card and I would have to reinsert it. I also get rare instances of resets. I think I will revert back to playing my wav ringer in ram to see if it eliminates the problem. Overall i was quite pleased with the product prior to switching to mp3s ringtones via SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I've been using lightwave for quite some time and been happy with the program. I use to save my wav into ram since I didn't have an SD card. Now that I do have an SD card I've then since stored some mp3 as my ringtones on my card and use ptunes to play them. Now I get the screen freeze which I would have to reset to fix and sometimes it wouldnt recognize the card and I would have to reinsert it. I also get rare instances of resets. I think I will revert back to playing my wav ringer in ram to see if it eliminates the problem. Overall i was quite pleased with the product prior to switching to mp3s ringtones via SD card.
    You may be happy with the program but you just pointed out the same problems that other people are having with it.

I guess some people would be happy with buying a new car and and the car stalling or not starting or the radio not working sometimes etc. but most people would have a problem with it and take issue with whomever they bought it from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    You may be happy with the program but you just pointed out the same problems that other people are having with it.

I guess some people would be happy with buying a new car and and the car stalling or not starting or the radio not working sometimes etc. but most people would have a problem with it and take issue with whomever they bought it from.
    I'm happy with it because when I first purchased Lightwav was when it only supported wav in RAM and that was really the reason why I bought the program. mp3 and SD support was just an added feature later on along with picture, gif, video, coverup, area codes, geez what else? Atleast he never charged me for the added features unlike some like Ptunes or Snappermail, etc. I had problems originally with lightwav in its early stages but Danny was able to help me fix it right away so I was a very satisfied customer.

If I buy a new car knowing it didnt have a radio, then later the dealer decides to add a radio for free at no cost to me then how can I complain if I knowingly bought it without a radio even if the radio works half the time. I'll just take out the radio.
    Just last night I found the LightWav upgrade e-mail. So, to be fair, I did not have the latest version installed (v3.1). At some point I may reinstall this newer version and see if things go better.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I'm happy with it because when I first purchased Lightwav was when it only supported wav in RAM and that was really the reason why I bought the program. mp3 and SD support was just an added feature later on along with picture, gif, video, coverup, area codes, geez what else? Atleast he never charged me for the added features unlike some like Ptunes or Snappermail, etc. I had problems originally with lightwav in its early stages but Danny was able to help me fix it right away so I was a very satisfied customer.

If I buy a new car knowing it didnt have a radio, then later the dealer decides to add a radio for free at no cost to me then how can I complain if I knowingly bought it without a radio even if the radio works half the time. I'll just take out the radio.
    lol...well if we all bought it when you did your statement still wouldn't make sense (to me) but the fact that some of us bought it after the changes you're talking about and ONLY BECAUSE OF THOSE changes, what about that, who cares? I only knew about version 3, that's it, and all the features that came with v3. How about he gets whatever is supposed to be working, WORKING! I bought it for the unlimited gif/mp3/mid call display. I don't care about gif anmimation or video or anything else it might do, but I'd expect it to work and would respect anyone who expressed a problem with it not working if that person wanted those particular features to work that he paid for. It doesn't work PERIOD. I didn't read what it could do in his claims then buy it and expect it to do other things I DO EXPECT IT TO DO EVERY SINGLE THING IT CLAIMED TO DO WHEN I BOUGHT IT, and to be fair I wouldn't even mind paying an upgrade fee if there was one for feature updates NOT bug updates though.
    I totally understand peoples gripe if they purchased it for THOSE added features because that is what they were expecting. I would too if the feature I was expecting didn't work or was crashing my phone. I'm merely expressing that I'm happy with the product cause it does what I expected it to do when I bought it. If I'm not mistaken, the topic of this thread is "Are you happy with your LIGHTWAV purchase". And MY answer is YES I am happy and don't expect anyone or everyone to have the same opinion as I do with this product.