Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    I guess most of you are on sprint and that's a problem with sprint. I'm on tmobile and every time I get a voicemail, I get an sms from tmo, telling me how many voicemails I have...
    Dang, I didn't know that was a problem with Sprint. I called their tech line to get mine fixed and after 3hrs on the phone, they told me that only T-Mo offers this feature...

No really, nice feature. I would not think it would be too hard for Sprint to dp something like this. As a matter of fact, they would get more money due to the users getting more SMS per month..LOL
    In all my years of cell phones I can't remember a phone that did not tell you how many voice mails you have.

For me, I use it when I know someone left me a msg, lets say friend A calls and leaves a msg. A few minutes later I call him (unrelated issue) and he asks if I called back because he left a msg...I say no. Now, I know there is 1 msg, I know who it's from. I usually would leave it alone until another one comes in...now I must check it. How annoying.

This should actually be a pretty easy hack. If you notice when you get a voicemail a dialog box pops up and say you have X voicemails...if someone could just figure out how that works and map it to a button, we'd be set. Personally, i'd pay $25 if someone wants to bang this out real quick.

Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    No really, nice feature. I would not think it would be too hard for Sprint to dp something like this. As a matter of fact, they would get more money due to the users getting more SMS per month..LOL
    I had TMobile for years, and just recently switched to VZW. Be careful what you wish for... I found this feature far more annoying than helpful. The issue is this: deleting the voice mail from the voice mail server DOES NOT delete the SMS message that alerted you you had a voice mail. So, if you're like me and try to keep your inbox as clean as possible, you would need to go in and delete each SMS every time you deleted a voice mail. Also, once you've listened to the voicemail, you still need to go in and "read" the SMS to remove the new voicemail indicator. If you don't it will still alert you even though there is no new mail.

Given the choice, I'd rather not have the SMS voice mail notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    I had TMobile for years, and just recently switched to VZW. Be careful what you wish for... I found this feature far more annoying than helpful. The issue is this: deleting the voice mail from the voice mail server DOES NOT delete the SMS message that alerted you you had a voice mail. So, if you're like me and try to keep your inbox as clean as possible, you would need to go in and delete each SMS every time you deleted a voice mail. Also, once you've listened to the voicemail, you still need to go in and "read" the SMS to remove the new voicemail indicator. If you don't it will still alert you even though there is no new mail.

Given the choice, I'd rather not have the SMS voice mail notification.
    I would find the SMS annoying as well and an unacceptable work-around. Its annoying as it is to get txt pages to my SMS from callers, let alone from ones that left a voice msg.

Erik
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    ... If you notice when you get a voicemail a dialog box pops up and say you have X voicemails...
    Erik
    Not on Sprint you don't.
    my old kyocera 6035 smart phone told you how many you had and i was on sprint... i think its just the treo
    It cannot just be the Treo because he says he gets these notices on his Treo on his provider. At least I think that's what he says. And I can tell you that on Sprint, you don't!
    yes... but his notifcations he gets are different then the standard "you have a new voicemail" ALERT. TMO sends him an SMS with the amount of voicemails he has. tmo uses a network based notification rather then a phone based.
    Yes, that is why I said on Sprint you don't. But I won't say it again, I promise.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    To me it is pretty amzing that a phone as "smart" as the Treo can't not only tell me how many voicemails but show me the phone numbers and date/time. The Sprint system knows so you'd think it would share. This would be great for those of us who spend a lot of time where our phones don't work and miss lots of calls the missed call log never knows about.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by taing
    To me it is pretty amzing that a phone as "smart" as the Treo can't not only tell me how many voicemails but show me the phone numbers and date/time. The Sprint system knows so you'd think it would share. This would be great for those of us who spend a lot of time where our phones don't work and miss lots of calls the missed call log never knows about.
    There is a free hack out there for this feature. I have it, but don't know what it was called. When I look at the call log, it shows every call with date/time and length of duration since December 2003 when I purchased. Do a search, I'm sure you'll find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by taing
    My call log tells me exactly what date and time the call came in. Its in the log no hacks just comes that way. When you are in the log, there is a button called "details" It doesn't however tell you the duration of calls, but I think there is a hack for that.
    AdvanceTheMan,

I've been running a few searches and can't seem to find the hack you mentioned. Do you at least have a name that we can search for?

Thanks!
    Don't know if this the app referred to but Callfilter has an option to turn on a popup log of incoming as well as outgoing calls. Butler also pops up a screen of missed calls.

It would be nice to have an app that simply gives you a number in the main screen.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    No, this is not what I think we've been talking about. I think the topic changed to just getting the contents of the existing record up. That is, the Treo keeps time records even though they don't show in the log. There was a hack that disclosed those times. I just don't know what it was and since I installed Comet I haven't needed that hack. It's possible it is in my archives and next time I go to Palm I'll look through and see if I can find it. I'm pretty sure that's what the topic changed to; I was surprised when it did, but that's what seemed to have happened. This hack will only disclose the times that are already in Treo but are not normally shown.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I think my point was missed. For me 95% of my missed calls are NEVER in any log since I spend so much time going in an out of service(my building at work eats most radio signals and there are still HUGE gaps in coverage when I travel). I was hoping the network could be smart enough to share the caller id information in a voicemail with the phone as data when I reenter service without me having to actually check my voicemail.
    taing, they actually have this service in china, if your phone is off, an sms is sent to you with the caller id and time called. so when you turn on your phone, you know who attempted to call you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12