1.    #1  
    Hello,

I've had my Treo600 for little less then a year now and I've replaced it twice so far. And now the earpiece has failed and I can only use it by speaker phone or hands free ear piece. The first time it broke was because after every sync it would lock up and the 2nd time the touch screen stopped working. I do have a replacement contact through Best Buy so I can just walk in and have it replaced. I'm waiting though so I can replace it with the 650. But then again I'm disappointed the 650 doesn't have WiFi. I've very technical and have tons of software for Palm and very rarely get frustrated with technology, because I know how it can be. After seeing the HP iPAQ h6315 Pocket PC Phone Edition my mouth is watering. What do you think? Would switching to the dark side be an option?

Thanks in advance for your ideas or feelings.

p@ul
    If you have tons of Palm software, why would you switch to a different platform? Just to replace all of it with PocketPC software? Even if you can find exact equivalents, it'll cost you quite a bit of money to replace all that software.

How about getting your 600 replaced first, then decide?
  3. smn
    Quote Originally Posted by p@ul
    Hello,

I've had my Treo600 for little less then a year now and I've replaced it twice so far. And now the earpiece has failed and I can only use it by speaker phone or hands free ear piece. The first time it broke was because after every sync it would lock up and the 2nd time the touch screen stopped working. I do have a replacement contact through Best Buy so I can just walk in and have it replaced. I'm waiting though so I can replace it with the 650. But then again I'm disappointed the 650 doesn't have WiFi. I've very technical and have tons of software for Palm and very rarely get frustrated with technology, because I know how it can be. After seeing the HP iPAQ h6315 Pocket PC Phone Edition my mouth is watering. What do you think? Would switching to the dark side be an option?

Thanks in advance for your ideas or feelings.

p@ul

Strong the dark side is, young Jedi! Stay in the light, and don't defect.
    I am on my 4th Treo600 since February, obviously PalmOne has a quality problem, but at least they're continuing to replace my phone each time another thing breaks.

One of mine had the ear speaker go, I had to use handsfree or headset. PITA.

Still, there's NOTHING like a Treo, and I wouldn't trade it off for any other phone. Just hang in there until P1 get's their act together.
    The first few reviews of the 6315 over at phonescoop are less than stellar. Apparently, the 6315 doesn't perform very well as a phone.

I'm actually contemplating seperating my phone from the PDA. I currently use the Kyo 7135 but am looking to go to a seperate phone and PDA with bluetooth linking capability. The HP4155 (4355 if you like a keyboard), with integrated WiFi and Bluetooth looks REAL good from the PPC platform standpoint but the Palm T3 is also very interesting because I could keep the software I bought for the 7135. Now if I could just find a decent BT phone for Verizon (Not the Moto V710)

Ski
    Last edited by skibumtx; 09/15/2004 at 10:45 AM.
    Join the club! I'm on my third 600. Previous problems had nothing to do with T-Mobile. All were ear speaker problems. Please read my rant & rave (I still love the Treo 600).
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54595
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    I just today went down and activated my 5th treo 600. I'm in a quandry. I'd change to another phone if I could but I'd be out the $599 I paid from the old Handspring website the very first day the phone came out. On EVERY darn phone, the earpiece speaker went out????
    i dont understand the loyalty issues. if you've had continuous problems with your treo say screw palm one and get something better. its just a phone. i love my treo but it has many faults and the second something better comes out which i can feasibly attain it's bye bye to my 600. if you switch and decide it isn't what it's cracked up to be and want to come back, then do it. no one will think less of you or anything.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p@ul
    HP iPAQ h6315 Pocket PC Phone Edition my mouth is watering. What do you think? Would switching to the dark side be an option?
    Option for you? Couldn't say. For Me? Not unless Palm goes out of business or is aquired by Microsoft (Oh! the pain!). I had always been a palm user and decided to try a Pocket PC, I went with a Tosh e755. Very nice device and Pocket PC's can do a lot but there is always that extra overhead and if your battery ever dies on you... You will NOT be very excited when you learn you actually have to install EVERY application all over again. You can't just Hotsync and have all your data restored.

I also had a ton of driver problems, kind of like you do on a desktop implementation of windows...

A pocket pc is very nice and capable but to me it's kind of like bringing an M1 Abrams Tank to a knife fight.

just my $0.02