1.    #1  
    Any thoughts on how much our Treo 600's will be worth when the Treo 650 takes over?

Last year I bought a brand new Verizon Kyocera 7135 for about $450 and sold it on eBay for $330 a few months back. I bet I'll do about the same for my current Treo when the 650 comes out.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    I would say $250 at the most. You can still get good money for the 7135 because it is the latest Kyocera model. I am sure that major companies will have very good deals for the 600. Just my opinion.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Thats exactly what I'm worried about. The Treo 600 is probably the 5th phone I've owned, and every single one before it I've been able to sell at the value I bought it or more.

Not sure if I'll be so lucky with the Treo, although actually got it for $280, first week it came out. ($399-$100 sprint service credit - $20 ebates cash rebate)
    I'm guessing when I put mine up on eBay, I'll be looking for $225-250 and will include with it a Krusell case and an extra charger cable. Mine is only 2 months old; so hopefully I could get that for it. That means the new 650 will end up costing me $350 assuming there are no discounts for previous owners and the 650 is priced the same as the 600 now. If I go with a Daxian, I have been assuming the price would be in the same range as the 650 (may be a bad assumption). I'm willing to pay this extra for the improved screen quality and faster processor. Also, if I get the Daxian I would probably also sell my Dell Axim X3i, but I probably couldn't get more than $150 for that one, since Dell prices are so low to start with and they are about to release a new model.

I wonder where you will be able to buy the 650 from first - Palm themselves?
    Just looking at the prices on ebay it looks like everything is currently in the $300-400 range, though most are in the 400s. When I sold my Treo 300, after the flood, I was getting about the same price as I saw before the Treo 600 came out. Thus I'd expect a little drop, but I'm thinking you'd still get $300.
    Mine will just go in the junk drawer with 25 other phones. it will be worthless along with the couple hundred bucks worth of accessories. But oh well it is beat to h--l anyway!
  7.    #7  
    If the new 650 is selling for about $450 at our phone store with a contract, I can't imagine selling the 600 for any less then $300.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    If I could get $300 for my 600 I'd be ecstatic.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    $250 - $300 in excellent condition with all manuals, box, etc. if it's a refurbished or replaced phone, maybe a little less. minimum should be $225 in very good condition - sweeten the deal with a nice 512 mb SD card and you could get $300 easily
    I think some of you folks are fogetting to factor in that the phones are carrier dependant. This doesn't really apply to GSM models. But I think my Verizon Treo 600 will fetch top dollar over other carriers precisely for the reason that VZ won't be coming out with a 650 anytime soon. Remember, we represent a very small portion of the cellphone community - there are folks that will purchase your phone (Ebay, Craigslist, whatever) that don't even know that 650 is out. I guess it all depends on how Palm rolls it out too. If there's hoopla all around it, then it sucks for us. A silent release would be better in this instance.
    heheh...this sounds really good . My dad is waiting for the T650 to come out so we can get the 600 for cheap .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    it will be worth exactly what you get for it and you wont know what that is until you sell it. Guesing is irrelevent.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #13  
    You guys really think $300 is kinda high? I paid $450 for my Verizon Treo at the Verizon store just a month or so ago. Who really knows when the 650 will be here, but the 600 will still be for sale when that happens for at least $350 or $400. How much did you guys pay for your Treo's?

I paid $399 (using HS loyalty discount), minus $100 service credit from Sprint (which isn't really related, but I count it), minus the $160+ or so that I got on eBay for my Treo 300. So that's something like $140 total.

My feeling on what the Treo 600 is worth is based on my Treo 300 that was a year old, and was clearly a full generation behind (with no mp3, camera, expansion, old OS, form factor stuff). If I got $160 for it, my 2 month old Treo 600 (it's a brand new replacement from Sprint, not refurbished), which has all things that are still fairly current in the marketplace (even 160x160 is good for a lot of phones, maybe not smart phones, but the general phones) should be worth a good $300. I'll probably toss in a 256MB SD card to add to the value.