1.    #1  
    OK I got the treo 600. I switched from Tmobile unlimited plan to the Tzones plan last month. I get a bill for a extra $50 in data service charges. This service rep is trying to tell me I am being charge extra because of the way the treo 600 accesses the Tzones. A supervisor is supposed to call me back.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Sounds like bunk to me. All of the T-Zones plans are supposed to be unlimited data. Which T-Zones plan did you switch to?
    I have T-zones with my T-mobile plan and use it constantly with my treo 600. I only pay $4.99. It must be a mistake or something. T-zones is unlimited.
    I received the same charges. I called them and they refunded the charge. It has to do with the way the web service connects. It may use the "phone" to connect versus the data connection. They want you to watch how it connects and if it says "signing on" that means it is using the phone to connect. You are supposed to cancel and reconnect. It's bunk IMO. I will be calling them monthly to refund my charges.
    Interested to hear from more people on this....I was not on a plan and was being charged from TMobile for "Home GPRS UC" and was being charged by the megabyte for data (over $50. in a month). They refunded it the first month, then told me I have to get on the $20. unlimited data plan. A friend told me I should be able to get the same services for the TZones at $4.99/month. Anybody have any feedback or knoww which will work and still give appropriate services to access web & POP3/IMAP mail via Snapper??
  6.    #6  
    Ok After the Customer Rep initially told me that I was using my Treo and TZones incorrectly, she then got with someone from the Data group and we got it straighten out. It is a glitch as how the treo accesses the Tzones. They will refund the charges and send something to billing as to take off any data charges that occur during the month.

But overall I am glad that I switched from the 19.99 plan to the 4.99 tzones plan. I see no difference between the services.
    Quote Originally Posted by bflauaus
    I received the same charges. I called them and they refunded the charge. It has to do with the way the web service connects. It may use the "phone" to connect versus the data connection. They want you to watch how it connects and if it says "signing on" that means it is using the phone to connect. You are supposed to cancel and reconnect. It's bunk IMO. I will be calling them monthly to refund my charges.
    My signon message has always been "signing on", followed by "established". Starting in June, I've had hundreds of $$ of data charges added to my bill, even though I'm on the $19.99 plan. Every month they have been refunded, and now thay claim it's fixed (I'll see what the next bill says).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad