Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We've just posted an incremental update. I fixes a the (Delete = Junk big in non-Enterprise versions of Snapper 2) and includes some optimizations for IMAP accounts. Our beta team averaged 12 times faster syncing with an IMAP folder.

30-day tiral:
    www.snappermail.com/download/

Registered users:
    www.snappermail.com/download/login/

-Will
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Does it support IMAP 'push' email capabilities (a la Chatter)? If not, are you expecting to support it? If so, when?
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Does it support IMAP 'push' email capabilities (a la Chatter)? If not, are you expecting to support it? If so, when?
    No, yes, in the future.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperfish
    Our beta team averaged 12 times faster syncing with an IMAP folder.

-Will
    Huge improvement...thanks!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I'm still getting IMAP Protocol errors, even with version 2.0.5. It's funny, it was working perfectly when in Beta, but as soon as I bought the final version, it quits working!
    Any idea why my lightwav does not work w/ snappermail 2.0? Even the beta of 3.1 is not working. I can't get lightwav notifications to work from snappermail.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Will: I posted this elsewhere but got no reply; perhaps you can help:

I have a Sprint Treo 600 and use SnapperMail (v. 2.0.4.01 Premier Edition) to access my corporate email (GroupWise) with a POP3 account. Works great, except no matter what I do, I cannot delete any mail form the home server. I have tried every option, and when I use the "Junk" command, and reconnect to the server, it says it's deleting the messages, but they are still on my PC-based account, and when I re-fetch my mail on the Treo, the messages get re-retrieved! At least when i just trash them and empty the trash, they don't come back to the handheld, but they remain on the server.
    This doesn't seem isolated to Snapper - I had the same issue with the PalmOne client, and I am not sure it is limited to my GroupWise server, since I have the same problem with my Sprint email account. Can anyone shed some light?
    thanks,
    amell
    The 2.05 release syncs 2 times faster on my Treo. Not 12 times faster but still an improvement and in general I am quite pleased with the program.
    No push no sale. Chatter Rules!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Gianormous improvement!
    The problem before the 2.0.5 update was that it was terrible syncing folders with any number of old message above 10. On 2.0.4 it would painstakingly sync each old mail item one at a time. What the killer was on old and new messages alike, was how long it would take to move from one message to the next. It could take 2-3 min just to sync. a folder with 20-30 old messages when nothing had changed since the last sync. Needless to say you had to keep your inbox clean or set it to “sync new messages only.”
    Now on the new 2.0.5 it’ll sync multiple messages per action and there isn’t that delay between actions. Additionally, if you set your rules to just download (new) headers, it’ll sync multiple headers at a time. If you do download message bodies, it’s faster going from message to message, but obviously downloading the message content isn’t really faster as it’s a limitation of the connection.
    Now I can set it to sync every 10 min and not worry about it staying connected more than a few seconds unless there’s new mail.

I'd say it well exceeds the 12x improvement on some actions, especailly with folders with a large number of messages.

Kudos, SnapperMail is back as my primary IMAP mail program.

-Taylor
    I used Snapper for some time, and now use Chatter. Night and day. Chatter is simply superior in performance, usability, and function.
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by fmertz
    I used Snapper for some time, and now use Chatter. Night and day. Chatter is simply superior in performance, usability, and function.
    Agreed.
    Can we PLEEEZZZZZEEEE have an option of choosing Blinky as the icon and background of the app. I prefer blinky to the blue swirl.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by matchtrader
    Agreed.
    same here, rock and roll Marc!!
    I tried (and paid for) both...and I like Snapper much better.

Each to his own...
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv

Each to his own...
    Have you used the latest chatter?
    I have not actually timed it...but it is a VERY NOTICEABLE speed improvement. Thanks Snapper. This is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    I paid for both too, and I patiently held out for Snapper IMAP. Unfortunately, Snapper took far too long to bring it to the table and when it finally arrived it was slow and lacking in functionality. As far as I'm concerned Chatter is a much better bet.

Dunc
    If anyone thought that snappermail was slow before (the IMAP portion), they may want to try it out now. It's amazingly fast.
  20.    #20  
    wcarlson40 - protocol errors. Please report this to Stu on support@snappermail.com (send a diagnostic log if possible - www.snappermail.com/support/#12). You can also report this to our forum since we don't actively monitor this treocentral forum. www.snappermail.com/forum

Tony Ricciardi - I believe Danny Wong's latest iteration of Lightwav works with the latest 2.0.5

amell - try asking tech support on support@snappermail.com or our forum (www.snappermail.com/forum). There's a lot of well informed guys on there (3-4000 members), someone there may have the same config and have something to offer.

cellmatrix - speed varies depending of your usage profile. The average amoung 3 tests during beta was 12x. If for example you sync only headers, then expect 30x faster.

Snapper PUSH and future developments? We're running a lot of projects in parallel. Because software development is often plagued with delays we prefer not to make any official comments until we can provide solid info. Sorry. What we can say is that push is a priority for SnapperMail.

-Will
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast