Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Competition is a wondrous thing, no?

Marc
  2.    #22  
    Um.... Marc - do you have a personal life outside of this forum, our SnapperMail forum, and developing Chatter? You're everywhere!!!

Just wondering.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    no comment on bringing back blinky the three eyed fish, or at least the option? you commented on other people's posts...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    no comment on bringing back blinky the three eyed fish, or at least the option? you commented on other people's posts...
    I also want Blinky back. Why no reply Snapperfish?
    Put me on the list for waiting for PUSH on snapper. I've tried Chatter, and the interface and usability is just not what snapper offers. Thanks for the speed increases!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Will-

I upgraded to V. 2.0.5 but just the Lite... Had I thought this through, I would have upgraded to Standard and saved some $$$.

Can I change this?
    Real-ity... You'll probably want to check back later. There have been major improvements to Chatter since the first Beta, with more to come.

Chatter is a much more powerful IMAP client than Snapper (and push isn't nearly the only reason); the only deficiencies now are in message composition, and those will be dealt with later this month.

Marc
    Marc, just grabbed the newest beta. It is indeed better!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    The family believes I have better things to do than hit the forms. The two cats say this constantly. The kids say this all the time. The wife says this all the time. All this said resulted in the purchase of two additional lap top computers and beefing up the wireless network. I can now do this from down the street doing what they want me to.

Incidently, both Chatter and SM are substantially better. Ben
    Does the new Snapper check for mail in the Background a la Chatter?

Why don't Snapper and Chatter 'merge' and make the ultimate email app? Until then Chatter is the one to go with due mainly to it's 'push' capabilities.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I was just about to mention the Background issue. I was missing phone calls during long sync sessions. The much faster speed resulting from this update mitigates that issue some, but it would still be nice.
    Whenever your data connection is active you won't be able to recieve calls. Chatter, Snapper or otherwise...
    It's ashamed this thread for an announcement on a update for Snapper has turned in to a debate on who has the best IMAP email client. Chatter has it's very own forum here, so leave the Chatter chat there and let this be for Snapper talk. Peace.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    It's ashamed this thread for an announcement on a update for Snapper has turned in to a debate on who has the best IMAP email client. Chatter has it's very own forum here, so leave the Chatter chat there and let this be for Snapper talk. Peace.
    Ashamed?? Please. Nothing wrong with discussing the pros of Chatter when Snappermail lacks them. As a paying customer for both apps I am entitled to state my opinion to help others decide on the right app based on their needs. The fact is that Snapper does not support 'push'. It also 'hijacks' the ability to use other apps in a multipurpose device while checking for email. On the other hand Chatter doesn't support POP, but most that would require email on the run should not even be using POP. This is VERY useful advice for others who may be considering Snapper as opposed to Chatter or vice versa.

Nothing wrong with stating the FACTS, so stop being ashamed.

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just crossgraded my Premier edition to Enterprise, but it gave me v. 2.0.4.01, and can't find 2.0.5 on the web site. Anybody know how to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I just crossgraded my Premier edition to Enterprise, but it gave me v. 2.0.4.01, and can't find 2.0.5 on the web site. Anybody know how to get it?
    Go to the following url and login: http://www.snappermail.com/download/login they should have sent you an e-mail will your login information.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Chatter has it's very own forum here, so leave the Chatter chat there and let this be for Snapper talk. Peace.
    I agree. It is like folks are threatened when their favorite program is challenged by discussing another. I don't recall reading similar comments about SM on the Chatter forum. *shrug*

Thanks Will, for announcing the recent SM improvement. Your support has been great. I've never sent an email to SM without getting a prompt response.

No one email program satisfies my requirements 100%. I also have VZW Wireless Sync to push my corporate email without involving my IT department (ala Chatter). The ultimate email program for me would have features of SM, Wireless Sync and Chatter.
    In my opinion the moderators should have stepped in. What happened is a basic form of thread crapping. The developer of Snapper started this thread to announce a new release and someone decided to post the merits of another similar application all together.

I'm all for competition but if someone other than the developer of the application had started the thread I'd be okay with the "debate" over which application is better. But not in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick50
    On the other hand Chatter doesn't support POP, but most that would require email on the run should not even be using POP. ....Nothing wrong with stating the FACTS, so stop being ashamed.

Slick, I was thinking of something to say that wasn't rude because I don't want the forum to degenerate, but such reasoning is not only wrong, but stupid. Chatter may be a great program, but until it does POP it's useless to a lot of people like me. And there is nothing wrong with using POP on the run. I travel al the time and find POP works fine. It's also the only option I have and I'm sure many other people have. Is Snapper perfect? No. As others have stated, it would be great if it had push and operated in the background.
    my issue with the chatter faithful is that they seem to hijack almst every thread that mentions snapper.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast