Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm certain I used to have back lit keys on my 270 keyboard. However, I tried to use it the other night and I had no lighting whatsoever on the keys and I was unable to type at night.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the backlighting back? Or am I just remembering incorrectly that they were every back lit? Thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm certain I used to have back lit keys on my 270 keyboard. However, I tried to use it the other night and I had no lighting whatsoever on the keys and I was unable to type at night.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the backlighting back? Or am I just remembering incorrectly that they were every back lit? Thanks so much!
    270 is supposed to have backlight. Maybe, like in the Treo600, you have the Option+P key that modifies the way the backlight works. I also read several times that the keyboard backlight failure is common on the 270 early series.

Jean-Francois.
    Hi Boxer,

Kevin from palmOne here. No, you're not crazy .

Here is something from the palmOne Knowledge Library that may be of help:

How do I turn my Treo 270 smartphone's keyboard backlight on?

The Treo 270 includes a bright keyboard backlight to help you use your smartphone in dim lighting conditions. To turn the keyboard backlight on, press twice in rapid succession on the power button at the top of your handheld.To turn it off, press twice again or simply turn your Treo off.

The backlight turns itself off when a call is in progress and you do not press any buttons or tap your smartphone screen for more than 30 seconds. The backlight also turns off when your handheld powers itself off (after a period of inactivity).

When you turn on the keyboard backlight, the screen brightness automatically dims to conserve battery power. If you have difficulty seeing the screen in well-lit environments, be sure the keyboard backlight is off and adjust the display settings.

Extra credit
    When you turn on your Treo 270 using the four application buttons, only the PhoneBook button automatically turns on the keyboard backlight. Use the double-tap on the power button to turn on the backlight for other applications.

Sincerely,
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thank you Kevin and JFMw!!! That did the trick. Pressing the on button twice in rapid succession worked for me!! I really do appreciate all of the information!