1.    #1  
    I believe I have the network search/battery issue.

Starting last week, I've been getting phone calls that I can't answer because the buttons and keypad are inoperable - the phone just rings and rings until the call goes to voice mail. Yesterday after using my phone to connect my laptop to the 'Net with PDANet, I got the "low battery" signal even though the phone was fully charged. Once I plugged it into a charger, it instantly showed full again.

Then last night I got the unanswerable phone call again, and when I tried to call back the person who had called, the call would drop, I'd drop back to the dial pad, and the phone would say "no service." Then I'd get a warning that my battery was dead, and it would shut itself down.

I am able to make calls just fine when connected to a power source.

After reading several threads about this last night and determining that my serial number was in the relevant range, I took the phone to a local Sprint service center.

Because the phone was behaving properly right then and the tech couldn't reproduce the phone or find anything wrong in the testing, I was out of luck in terms of a warranty replacement.

I am afraid my warranty is going to expire (early October) before I am able to get this thing into a store when it's having this problem.

Any advice?
    If your serial number falls into the suspect range, the you should be able to get a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmccartney66
    I believe I have the network search/battery issue.

After reading several threads about this last night and determining that my serial number was in the relevant range, I took the phone to a local Sprint service center.

Because the phone was behaving properly right then and the tech couldn't reproduce the phone or find anything wrong in the testing, I was out of luck in terms of a warranty replacement.

I am afraid my warranty is going to expire (early October) before I am able to get this thing into a store when it's having this problem.

Any advice?
    Don't take no for an answer. This IS a warranty problem! My phone basically did the same thing, as soon as I brought it into Sprint, it worked properly. Big deal, it's the real world that matters. I ended up still having problems. Talked with the store manager, and he ordered me a new (refurb) phone.

Fast forward three months, the refurb has a display problem. While discussing this the store mentioned that in the interim time that they replaced the first one that they got a bulletin on the network search problem. They KNOW it's a problem. Basically you purchased a $500 phone, it should work and be warrantied. Don't let them bully you! Ask for the manager, if that doesn't work, call Sprint and don't hang up until they authorize a replacement or if not, ask for tier 2 technical support. They definitely know about these problems.

I can't believe the number of people who have shelled out $35 to Lockline for network search problems when these things are under warranty. Also, if you do have a replacement, Sprint's policy on refurbished products are that the warranty goes to the original warranty date or six months after replacement, WHICHEVER COMES LATER. So if you have a refurb, and you got it after your original was purchased 6 months or later, your warranty now ends 6 months after you received the replacement.

The only way Sprint/P1 is ever going to realize that they have problems with these things is to run them in for warranty replacement for ALL problems.