1.    #1  
    Hi,

I love the switch at the top of the Treo, which allows to stop all sounds. What I would live would be to have another position for the switch to also block vibrations (as the treo vibrating is loud enough to bother me during the night).

Is there an application to turn all vibration alerts on/off? Or an application that would stop all alert during the night (during a specified period of time)?

Thanks

Domi
    Dominique
    Try a profile manager. Simple Profile Manager (freeware) has just been updated. Very nifty utility. Search for this in this forum. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    You could simply set it to not vibrate when the switch is off. Go to Prefs -> Sounds.

There are a LOT of apps to automate this type of thing at night. TreoHelper can turn off the wireless mode during certain hours. CallFilter can filter calls based on time/caller/etc. etc. etc.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at simple profile manager.

That's the thing though: it is not only for the phone app. I have many applications that generate alerts. During the day, I like getting vibe alerts. Duirng night, I do not want the vibe alerts. However, I do not want to have to go to eveyr simgle app and turn the vibe alert off, and I do not want to switch these program off for the night. I just want the vibe alert to be stopped for everything either up to a certain time or up to I switch vibe alert back on.

Again, I will look at simple profile manager and hopefully it does exactly that.

Thanks again.

D.
    Dominique
    Why not try turning the phone off?! Just kidding... another option would be to get Calfilter and set it so that everyone goes right to VM during a time frame... If you are like me and still want to have emergency calls come through you can set it up and specify those #'s to be 'filtered'

Quote Originally Posted by dbouchon

That's the thing though: it is not only for the phone app. I have many applications that generate alerts. During the day, I like getting vibe alerts. Duirng night, I do not want the vibe alerts. However, I do not want to have to go to eveyr simgle app and turn the vibe alert off, and I do not want to switch these program off for the night. I just want the vibe alert to be stopped for everything either up to a certain time or up to I switch vibe alert back on.

Again, I will look at simple profile manager and hopefully it does exactly that.

Thanks again.

D.
    I use simple profile manager and it should do just that for you. For instance, I have a profile set up called "silent," with this profile, I will not get any vibrating alerts etc. If I want to switch profiles, it's as easy as just holding down the menu button and picking the profile that I want. In fact the new version of simple profile manager even has timed profiles now. I don't know if the timed profiles are working quite yet, but in shortime, that feature should be fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by dbouchon

Thanks again.

D.