1.    #1  
    I have an Adobe reader on my treo 600, but I cant seem to get it to work. When I download PDF files it power cycles my device. How can I get this to work.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    No native PDF file viewer for the Palm OS. You have to use the Adobe Acrobat on your desktop to "convert: the PDF to the format accepted by the handheld version.

The only exception appears to be for some Clie owners, who get an app from Picsel which allows you to view native PDFs on a palm handheld. I called them, and they don't seel to retail, only OEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    No native PDF file viewer for the Palm OS. You have to use the Adobe Acrobat on your desktop to "convert: the PDF to the format accepted by the handheld version.
    I used to be able to convert PDF files to text right from my Treo, by forwarding them to pdf2txt@adobe.com. That address is no longer working. Bummer!
    Acrobat's reader for palmos is pretty lousy imo. The best reader, if I could suggest, as a pdf viewer has to be Repligo 2.0:

http://www.cerience.com/products/palm/index.htm

Check it out...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by hesspaul
    I used to be able to convert PDF files to text right from my Treo, by forwarding them to pdf2txt@adobe.com. That address is no longer working. Bummer!
    It still works. I just converted one.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    That's funny. I just tried using this facility and got the same error I always get:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- q2txt@adobe.com
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)
    (expanded from: <pdf2txt@mail-321.corp.adobe.com>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    550 5.1.1 /user/pdf2txt/.forward: line 1: q2txt@adobe.com... User unknown

I have an open case with Adobe about this, but no one seems to ever call me back.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    That's funny. I just tried using this facility and got the same error I always get:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- q2txt@adobe.com
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)
    (expanded from: <pdf2txt@mail-321.corp.adobe.com>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    550 5.1.1 /user/pdf2txt/.forward: line 1: q2txt@adobe.com... User unknown

I have an open case with Adobe about this, but no one seems to ever call me back.
    This is getting really strange. I just sent a pdf for conversion and I also received same error message. But the real strange thing is that I also received converted text right after that. Weird but still works.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    And then...

15 minutes after receiving the NDR, I get my results back.

I guess it IS working now...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Now could some one tell me how do I get the converted information into the palm?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Does that adobe conversion require that the PDF file be searchable text?