Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1.    #1  
    I have had problems with Lightwav causing instability on my Treo. In addition to the numerous soft resets, it also often caused my SD card to come unmounted - card is still in slot but the device does not recognize it. I have given the developer more than enough time to fix the many many bugs.

    I have switched to CALLFILTER and no longer have the reset and card unmounting problems. In fact I have not had a reset in over 2 weeks now.

    It is my opinion that Toysoft should refund the lightwav purchases for those users that are still having problems with their buggy software. How do you feel?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    I have had problems with Lightwav causing instability on my Treo. In addition to the numerous soft resets, it also often caused my SD card to come unmounted - card is still in slot but the device does not recognize it. I have given the developer more than enough time to fix the many many bugs.

    I have switched to CALLFILTER and no longer have the reset and card unmounting problems. In fact I have not had a reset in over 2 weeks now.

    It is my opinion that Toysoft should refund the lightwav purchases for those users that are still having problems with their buggy software. How do you feel?
    I use LightWav and have little to no problems with it so I will stay away from the main topic.

    I do have a solution for your card unmounting problems though. I just modified CardKeeper to detect an unmounted card and automatically remount the card. Current version is v1.3.1
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    I have had problems with Lightwav causing instability on my Treo. In addition to the numerous soft resets, it also often caused my SD card to come unmounted - card is still in slot but the device does not recognize it. I have given the developer more than enough time to fix the many many bugs.

    I have switched to CALLFILTER and no longer have the reset and card unmounting problems. In fact I have not had a reset in over 2 weeks now.

    It is my opinion that Toysoft should refund the lightwav purchases for those users that are still having problems with their buggy software. How do you feel?
    Lets be reasonable here. you purchased Lightwav in Feb.04. You had 7 months of use and a chance to ask support for help and you never did. Companies normally refund you within the 14 days of purchase and some even 30 days. We ALWAYS refund customers within the time frame or give a replacement product.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  4.    #4  
    Let's be reasonable here. I had 7 months of FRUSTRATIONS while using Lightwav. Nothing but soft resets and missed calls and unmounted cards. I posted my feedback in the forums where many other users complained of similar problems. Now, Toysoft have released version 3.0 and added new features, but still have not addressed all the bugs. I gave up.

    Yes I think I am entitled to a refund as the software never consistenly performed without bugs.
  5. #5  
    I guess it's the psychic part of the program that doesn't work right or ToySoft would have *known* what bugs you personally needed fixed.

    Better get right to work on that, ToySoft!
  6.    #6  
    Looks like there are over 50 threads on TreoCentral that talk about Lightwav bugs. Shouldn't take much "psychic" powers to realize there are bugs in the program.......
  7. #7  
    does LightWav offer trials? That's when I determine whether or not I'm going to purchase an application.
  8. #8  
    I purchased BuzzOff from toysoft and it never seemed to work right on my Sprint treo. Danny was working with me but I went ahead and as 
  9. #9  
    got cut off...
    I purchased BuzzOff from toysoft and it never seemed to work right on my Sprint treo. Danny was working with me but I went ahead and asked for a refund within the first week or so. They gave me PAR and a game in exchange. I thought they were very fair with me. For what it's worth I also purchased lightwav and switched to callfilter, just my preference. I found them to be extremely reasonable.
  10. #10  
    I too had similiar problems.....but decided it just wasn't worth it. I doubt you will get your money back....but nice try. It must work for some people....or they don't mind the resets. Who know.
  11. #11  
    I don't ever buy anything that doesn't have a demo version so that I know the product works for me. Part of me is amused at the thought of all these people who are buying these programs without trying them, when a demo is available.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I don't ever buy anything that doesn't have a demo version so that I know the product works for me. Part of me is amused at the thought of all these people who are buying these programs without trying them, when a demo is available.
    I agree, for the record I tried Buzzoff and it worked at first and then it's inconsistencies with my phone showed after the first day Typical Phil luck. Very happy with Butlers SMS suppression now though!

    Phil
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Lets be reasonable here. you purchased Lightwav in Feb.04. You had 7 months of use and a chance to ask support for help and you never did. Companies normally refund you within the 14 days of purchase and some even 30 days. We ALWAYS refund customers within the time frame or give a replacement product.
    Asking for support does'nt always yield support from you as a couple of other threads suggest. I would imagine its because you're so busy with support. I would be happy with just being able to get the one last file from lightwav off my palm without having to hard reset. I forget the name of the file off the top of my head but its in another thread. I would then just right off lightwav as another lesson learned and also sympathize even more with the rational that software pirates often use.
  14. #14  
    Can you post the link to Cardkeeper 1.3.1? The only version I was able to find was 1.0. TIA

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I use LightWav and have little to no problems with it so I will stay away from the main topic.

    I do have a solution for your card unmounting problems though. I just modified CardKeeper to detect an unmounted card and automatically remount the card. Current version is v1.3.1
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I don't ever buy anything that doesn't have a demo version so that I know the product works for me. Part of me is amused at the thought of all these people who are buying these programs without trying them, when a demo is available.
    and here you are again, right on que, thread after thread. Let me ask you something. You and maybe 1 or 2 others say you have no problems with lightwav. Plenty, in the 20's 30's or 40's I would guess and probably in the hundreds if you count the people that have purchase lightwav and don't know about TreoCentral.com. Now you want to imply that its the fault of everyone else, everyone else is stupid and doesn't know what they're doing perhaps? perhaps the people with the problems are to stupid to evaluate the software in the aloted time given my toysoft. Not one thread has gone by without you sticking up for toysoft, right or wrong. Are you really that much of an *****? Or are you infact TOYSOFT under another name or under a couple of names? I just wonder because you seem to have your head so far up the *** of this developer that its hard to think it could be anything else going on.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Can you post the link to Cardkeeper 1.3.1? The only version I was able to find was 1.0. TIA
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=57469
  17. #17  
    I have had Lightwav for several months, but only in the last couple of weeks have I noticed problems. Calls that ring continually and lock up the system (you can't answer the phone, and have to reset to stop it... quite embarrasing). Numerous lockups and White Screen of Death problems.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  18.    #18  
    Anyone know how we can add a poll in this thread to find out people's experiences with Lightwav?
  19. #19  
    I get really annoyed when people make blanket statements about products that I like, be it Toysoft or Toyota. The people with the problems are the ones you hear from: they are in the minority. I'm sorry you are disappointed that many of us do not encounter problems with a product that gives you fits. If you do read the forums, you'll see that not every product can work for every person. There are plenty that lock my treo up...the difference is, I don't post that the product is crap. It just doesn't work for me. Get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    and here you are again, right on que, thread after thread. Let me ask you something. You and maybe 1 or 2 others say you have no problems with lightwav. Plenty, in the 20's 30's or 40's I would guess and probably in the hundreds if you count the people that have purchase lightwav and don't know about TreoCentral.com. Now you want to imply that its the fault of everyone else, everyone else is stupid and doesn't know what they're doing perhaps? perhaps the people with the problems are to stupid to evaluate the software in the aloted time given my toysoft. Not one thread has gone by without you sticking up for toysoft, right or wrong. Are you really that much of an *****? Or are you infact TOYSOFT under another name or under a couple of names? I just wonder because you seem to have your head so far up the *** of this developer that its hard to think it could be anything else going on.
  20. #20  
    I guess I would be part of the minority majority too, then. I used Lightwav with a host of other apps to get a perfect out come. Lightwav is very buggy, if you/toysoft chose to look the other way than that would explain why so many of Lightwav customers left of better. I use CallShield. Not mRing and Lightwav. I needed mrings just make Lightwav work the way it should when handling calls. The best thing Lightwav have going on for itself is the fact that it can store mp3 on in the ram. Thatís the only reason I used it. Lightwav, when I had it, would play the mp3 and the ringertone at the same time for a caller that selected an mp3 for. I know some of you are going to say why did you not make you default ringer silent, and the answer is I donít want to miss a call for those I did not use with Lightwav. Lightwav should have silent the ringertone for the caller I selected the mp3 for. So as far as me, Lightwav have some growing up to still do.

    One more thing, No one should have to have other programs help an app perform.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions