1.    #1  
    I saw this on the PalmOne site. PalmOne

This may be an indiaction that the 650 is being released October 1st...since this offer ends on Sept. 30th. Seems like a lot of placing are starting to discount the 600.
    Last edited by paris; 09/14/2004 at 12:15 PM.
    I felt that HTC volume shipping products to palmone was pretty good evidence of the 650 comming out soon.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    True...the HTC shipping news 'may' be a good indicator...but since this news didn't come from HTC or Palm...I have to treat it as rumor. The 3 free accessories at Palm is the first indication on Palm's own site that they may being clearing the inventory for the new model...AND the limited time only date of Sept. 30th I thought was a VERY GOOD indicator that 'something else' would happen after Sept. 30th.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I saw this on the PalmOne site. PalmOne

This may be an indiaction that the 650 is being released October 1st...since this offer ends on Sept. 30th. Seems like a lot of placing are starting to discount the 600.
    The link doesn't seem to show up for me in that first message.
    Interesting thing is that it says it's more than $79 of free accessories. It's also more than $89 worth of free accessories as well as any numbers lower than $89.97. Seems odd they'd pick $79 as the number to advertise, I would have picked $89. Then again maybe someone creating the promo can't add. Maybe they want to make the deal seem worse than it really is ;-).
  6.    #6  
    That's because the main page ad has the price wrong for the pack of screen protectors. If you click on that link it says they are $19.99...I noticed that too, but didn't bother to mention it. I'm sure someone will point it out to them and they will correct it...PalmOne...are you listening???
  7.    #7  
    Something else I just noticed...On the PalmOne page that shows smartphones the metatags include Treo 610...

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="handspring treo, Treo, smartphone, cellphone and pda, handspring, treo, Smartphone, Handspring Treo, treo smartphone, palm, smartphone, palmone, Treo 600, treo 600, Treo 610,color smartphone, Palm smartphone, palm smartphone, email, wireless email, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T, SMS, treo store ,treo 270, treo 300,Treo 270, Treo 300, QWERTY keyboard, built-in keyboard, text input">
    The treo 610 is the camera-less version.
    .... of the 600.
    Apple has also announced a special offer for Mac users that gives them $100 worth of free accessories when they buy the Treo 600. The offer ends on September 30th.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=57865
    I just got an e-mail saying that the accessories offer is through Sunday. That's not a particularly long time to try to clear out inventory. Perhaps it's already clearing out quickly.