1.    #1  
    I Have Not Purchased One Yes Because I Am Trying To Get All The Info I Can. I Wondered How This Phone Works With Mac's? If Anyone Can Tell Me Anything I Would Appreciate It. I Am Upgrading From A Previous Phone And I Am Trying To Justify Spending The Extra $ For This Phone. I Don't Take Pics, I Used The Web Mainly For Email. Why Is This Phone So Great?
    Thanks ??good For Mac Users?? What Is The Hype All About?
    It works fine for me. I'm running MacOS X 10.3.5 and all's well.

I use Palm Desktop 4.1 for the calendar items and other stuff, and iSync for just the contacts. This "split sync" allows me to keep the Mac Address Book integrated with the Treo's contacts, but I prefer Palm Desktop for its calendar-printing options.

Note that Address Book does not show categories, but it doesn't interfere with them. If you set the category on the Treo it stays set after a sync. New contacts created in Address Book are treated as Unfiled.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Are You Happy With It? What Do You Mostly Use It For?
    Lot of stuff in the Mac forum here at TC. see the link in my sig, below
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Works great for me. I use email (Snapper), web (WebViewer), RSS (Hand/RSS), ShipHunt, iSync (free contact and calendar sync), FastForward (auto forward in cradle) are the main ones.
    I sync on a Powerbook with OS 10.3.5. Use isync, and use ical and address book. Rick is right about category differences with Apple's address book, but I've adapted with no problems. Treo 600 and Mac get along wonderfully.

Cluemeister
    work great with Mac's. I use my Treo alot for .mp3 playback. With a 1GB SD card you can fit alot of songs, screw the iPod. A PMCIA (?) card SD card reader always pluged into my Powerbook allows for adding songs whenever I have the two in front of me. Calendar is handy, instant messaging, Call Shield is very useful and games get me through the dang commute. Need more reasons?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Works fine for me too. Powerbook G3 Pismo, OS 10.3.5. I use Entourage and the Treo syncs fine with it.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    For me, it's more a replacement for my Tungsten T than a cell phone. Where I live, Verizon coverage is weak (nonexistent in some areas of town), which is why I consider the phone a secondary part of the Treo.

Having my Mac Address Book identical (synced) to the Treo is really nice, and one big plus. QuickBooks 7 may even sync its customer addresses to Address Book, which would make my life even easier.
    you can get some good software that has mac support, eg mac desktop apps such as SplashID and Splashphoto. I've never had, touchwood, any probs syncing or installing any software.
  11. gcs
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhemmi
    I Have Not Purchased One Yes Because I Am Trying To Get All The Info I Can. I Wondered How This Phone Works With Mac's? If Anyone Can Tell Me Anything I Would Appreciate It. I Am Upgrading From A Previous Phone And I Am Trying To Justify Spending The Extra $ For This Phone. I Don't Take Pics, I Used The Web Mainly For Email. Why Is This Phone So Great?
    Hi,

Works great!

I use OSX 10.3.5, sync my Treo with iCal & AddressBook, Vindigo (a city guide). I use MMPlayer at the Gym to watch Movies (!) that I've converted on my Mac using D-Vision2 and copied to my SD card (2 hour movie uses 120Mb on average).
    I've even written an applescript application that downloads the weather from the web, and puts it in my datebook!

I use it for email/Web/SMS/PHONE/EVERYTHING!

I'm not even concerned about the rumors about the Treo 650. My Treo 600 does EVERYTHING I need TODAY!

Having a blast!
    George
    Works great with my mac. Also syncs with work PC too without problems. Although if you have Sprint I'd advise waiting until the 650 comes out. Even if you then still want the 600, it will be quite a bit cheaper. If you have another carrier, just get the 600 now since most carriers took forever compared to Sprint in getting the 600 available.
    Using Mirror drive G4, OS 10.3.5. Works great with iSync, it's SO nice to finally have my full Palm contact list on my phone. iCal is nice... I didn't know you can split-sync with the Palm Desktop, I might give it a try tomorrow.

I really like the T600. You can wait for the next best thing if you want, but I'm not sure if a high-resolution screen will make much of a difference to me other than just drain battery power faster. And I used a Tungsten T3 before this, so I know what a nice screen looks like.
    I recently converted to Mac (OS 10.3) at home and still use WNT at work. I haven't had any problems on either machine and sync to both. I haven't had any need to use iSync, iCal. I just use the Palm desktop. I love my T600. It's so convenient to have everything together you'll never tolerate split devices. Phone, palm, email, pix, mp3s, love Shoutcast for NPR when I can't get a good local station, games, browsing and of course reading TC Discussion in the stall!
    My Treo rocks!
    I've been using Palm OS devices for years and currently use a Treo 600 and Mac OS X 10.3. I am extremely happy with how they work together.

I use iSync (with Address Book and iCal) plus iTreo (to download photos from the Treo camera). I also use .Mac and it is great to be able to enter contacts using the Web and have them show up on my Mac and Treo on the next sync.
    I have a .mac account and use iSync. I sync to my Powerbook G4, but I also have a iMac that I use at work and have iSync set on both machines to sync "every hour" which it does in the background. Easy way to keep all three (iMac, Powerbook and Treo) in sync.

A lot has been said about the $99 a year .mac account, but if you use it to it's potential it's well worth the $.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhemmi
    I find that the Treo is great with Mac for email. I have a .mac home mail account as well as a work IMAP account, and I can sync with mail.app on my OS 10.3.5 desktop really well. I can carry around all of my old emails on the SD card for reference. I find that I use my treo more for email than actually for phone usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    ...I didn't know you can split-sync with the Palm Desktop...
    After I set up iSync, I saw that it had moved several Palm conduits from /Library/Application Support/Palm Hotsync/Conduits into .../Disabled Conduits.

I turned off iSync's syncing of calendar info, then moved the Datebook Conduit back into the Conduits folder.