1.    #1  
    okay,
    when I surf to a large page I get this error...why? my cache has plenty of memory. is this a RAM issue?
    also, why is a page on blazer 240 Kb with graphics off, and on my laptop it's 97 Kb with all the pics.

sitting here scratching my head.
  2. zoz
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I get this often also... Any help?
    Could you post the URL for some of the pages that are too large?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I get it when I search for most items on ebay.

Try "Fender guitar" for example.
  5.    #5  
    Yes,
    It happens when trying to view "MY Ebay" page. NO SOUP FOR YOU!!! I loved that one.
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I get this message when going to cingular.com. Anybody know if there is a way to resolve this issue (I have plenty of free ram)?
  7. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Do users with other browser's run into this problem? How about the 650?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I've just started getting this. 200k or a little over is where it seems to hit the barrier.

But often it goes up to about 40k at the usual speed, then suddenly jumps to, say, 235k and gives me the 'Page too large' error.

Only happened the last couple of days. Tried a soft reset, no change.
    Which device are you using and what site? blazer limits page size to 2meg (if you have enough unused memory).

Graphics heavy site are tough to browse using blazer without going through some third party sites that compresses images.

Changing browser may help as well.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It's a Treo 650 with 19M free. These are sites I've used before, it's only the last few days I've come across this cutoff at 235kb or thereabouts. eBay is one that does that but there are others.

I'm pretty sure none of the web pages concerned even clocked up as high as 235kb before, like I say if often seems to 'jump' to >200k from a much lower figure.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I get this as well. soft reset usually fixes it. seems to be some other buffer or stack after surfing for awhile. very annoying.
    For Treo650, could it be a dbcache issue?

What's your phone provider and firmware level?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It's unlocked GSM, latest firmware (01.28) and software (1.13-ROW).

What's dbcache? I have cleared the Blazer cache and cookies for good measure.
    How big is your Blazer cache setting? What is the site? Your problem may not the the dbCache but could be the site is heavy on graphics and java scripts. Blazer will stop if it sees the next object is over a certain size or is not supported as most java scripts are not.

The Blazer cache is only for temporary storage of current internet session. It in the same memory area but its functions is different than that of the dbCache.

As for dbCache, I will try to briefly explain: dbCache is a hidden reserve part of the DRAM portion of the Palm OS memory. The OS uses this reserve DRAM area for moving changes between the databases stored in the more permanent NVFS area and the current user session. For efficiency reasons, the changed data be will moved in blocks to the NVFS/flash memory when the dbCache gets full. Unfortunately, you do run into the limits even if your current memory has lots of spaces. Blazer has been reported to run into this problem.

For more discussions please check: Anyone tried " DBCache Tool " on Treo 650 ? and What are your dbCache settings and config?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    How big is your Blazer cache setting? What is the site? Your problem may not the the dbCache but could be the site is heavy on graphics and java scripts. Blazer will stop if it sees the next object is over a certain size or is not supported as most java scripts are not.
    'Preferences,Advanced,Memory limit for storaging pages' is set at 2Mb.

I doesn't seem to matter whether I disable images or use optimised or wide page mode.

But I do seem to have solved the problem by ticking 'disable javascript'. This is despite the fact I'm quite certain that was never ticked previously when the same pages were loading OK.

As examples, the pages were eBay, as already mentioned, and Google local.

Now, Google Local completes loading, including map, at about 90k and eBay loaded fully right up to 300k or thereabouts.
    Did you try clearing that blazer cache and reload the page?

My eyes are getting really bad to have missed the eBay statement. In my experience, I have never had a successful full page eBay load (on a 650) that has both graphics and script heavy pages (mostly script). Google local is pretty much the same. I guess my Treo changed somewhat when I initially loaded WebSphere app.
    I have experienced this problem non-stop all weekend. I have a 600 I either get this message then poof, reset or just surfing through the forums here it just resets itself, and I do the #*377 and it says Web, out of memory....I have 11mb available on the Treo the memory management is set for 2mb, and have not had the problem before but it has been doing this for the last 3 days...I have added no new software...am wondering if I have a hardware problem and need to order a replacement before my year is up on this thing.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Did you try clearing that blazer cache and reload the page?
    Like I say, I tried clearing cache and cookies to no avail.

But I've had no more problems since ticking 'Disable Javascript', everything seems back to normal.

I was sure it had never been ticked previously. What is the default, or does that vary according to carrier?