Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ive noticed a lot of people here either use their treos to do almost everything for them from workplace to homelife to dating. But i was wondering, does anyone ever think, "wow, im way to dependent on my treo". I know this thought has crossed my mind when im checking the calendar to see if i have anything to do because i cant remember my schedule!.
    Yep, can't live without it
    MAN o MAN, it does EVERYTHING I can think of and some things I never thought of!!!!!
    doesn't have wi-fi so without a data plan (rogers data plan is unaffordable for the layman like me), i can't surf the net on the treo.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    No wifi, low res screen, loser camera, not enough memory. But I love it all the same!
    Cannot bear the thought of replacing it with a Symbian, PPC or Blackberry phone. I would lose so many toys and cool features. Things like audio streaming radio stations over CDMA data just dont work well on anything else.

Some alternates:
    The Voq - too ugly. Watch the eyes roll as you open that wacky keyboard.
    HP PPC phone with BT and Wifi - Way too buggy. Has problems holding a GPRS signal and no backlight on the add on keyboard. It's just too big.
    Blackberry (new one or the old): No touch screen, very limited software add-ons. Just too plain and functional - no fun element. If I was a CIO I would make my employees use one of these for an easy life supporting them but... it is a very close call with GoodLink on Treo if I want happy employees. GoodLinks MS Office and pdf attachment support is very superior.
    Nokia Symbian phones: These are not real laptop replacers in my opinion despite their wanton use of the smartphone term.
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    No wifi, low res screen, loser camera, not enough memory. But I love it all the same!
    remember, the camera is just a perk for things like taking quick pics - it's not meant to win you photography contests. i am never going to complain about the camera because it is simply a perk. however, if they never had it in the first place and kept prices low, that woulda been nice
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    No it doesn't. But it is a good "assistant," and that is all it is suppossed to be. It could be more reliable, that is more important to me than adding more features, but it really is a good little helper.
    Remember that NOTHING is perfect.
    I remember last year when everyone was raving about what the treo 600 could do, now its what it can't do.
    I can't wait untill this time next year when everyone starts insulting the treo 650 and waiting for the next treo
    just my two cents
  10. smn
    I love my treo. It's just made me a coffee, and is cleaning the house after taking the kids to school. It doesn't moan and whinge like "her indoors" either!!!
    Does everything and more for me. I don't even have a home phone. Just the Treo.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Everything but bluetooth to allow easy hands free use in the car or as a backup internet connection for my laptop.
    Not quite. just one killer app away (until I find that app, then there will be just one more killer app...............)
    Sorely missing BT and WiFi.

A better keyguard would be nice, too - one that doesn't lock the WHOLE system and prevent alarms from ringing through.
    It doesn't read my HTML email. Its screen is useless as a real PDA. Its unstable, unreliable and just not all its cracked up to be. Maybe next time around. I will say though, it was a GREAT attempt as the first "real" convergence device.
    Quote Originally Posted by alienboy
    Remember that NOTHING is perfect.
    I remember last year when everyone was raving about what the treo 600 could do, now its what it can't do....
    Yep. Love this thing (my understatement of the day ).

Damn. I just realized what I really love about this phone... the size!!!
    Other phones that did as much as the t600 was TWICE the size - and you mean to tell me I can get "just enough, and more" of everything in a phone this size? Hell yeah this is the best phone I ever had. So much so that I'm NOT upgrading to the 650!!!
    Although I am still very happy and amazed with what it does have, it doesn't have a flash and that makes the difference between dark pics or good pics. It also does not have voice dial.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It does almost everything I want it to. The only thing missing is a voice recorder. My Kyocera 6035 did that. And I wish the capability was here (as it is for other phones) to get TV. And is there a keyboard like for the PalmIII and PalmV? (I haven't seen it if there is).

Other than that, it does everything. I jot notes, edit documents, balance my checkbook, do my job, take pictures when I don't have my digital with me and it's well-lit, read books, check email, pay bills, monitor my websites, read books, listen to music, monitor my diet, keep a journal, carry my Bible, pay down my debt -- I could go on and on. There's very little it doesn't do that I need it to, and I imagine it does some of what I find lacking.

Given that, it's worth every obscenely expensive penny I paid for it.
    Last edited by thoroughbred; 09/16/2004 at 06:26 PM.
    PalmPilot, Palm III, Kyocera 6035, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650 (current)
    yeah, geeky mom, those things would have been good, too -- thanks for raising my discontent
    PalmPilot, Palm III, Kyocera 6035, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650 (current)
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    A better keyguard would be nice, too - one that doesn't lock the WHOLE system and prevent alarms from ringing through.
    Check out Butler 2.01. It does this very well, and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by thoroughbred
    The only thing missing is a voice recorder.
    Check out the newest version of P.A.R. Assign one of the function buttons for press and hold functionality that will start a voice recording. Works like a charm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast