Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well said.

Furthermore, SOX requirements are pursuant to SEC guidelines. And SEC disclosure guidelines don't comment on how accounting procedures need to be conducted. As mentioned, that's what GAAP is there for.

Gharrod, the ONLY substantive connection that GAAP and SOX have is that SOX requires accounting firms and executives to certify that proper GAAP procedures have been followed before disseminating, among other things, K and Q info to the rest of the world.

Hopefully we can put an end to what's become an uninviting and grossly distorted thread.
    Yes, Palmone changed it after I am several others saw the link live by mistake. Don't take my word for it check other threads. Mikec, Treo-Mike and Illustrius if you have nothing to add but lies then please do not add anything at all. If you have no life but then to lie about me then I truly feel sorry for you. If you truly believe Sarbanes-Oxley does not effect revenue reconition then I have to ask what planet you are living on? Your credibility is worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yes, Palmone changed it after I am several others saw the link live by mistake. Don't take my word for it check other threads. Mikec, Treo-Mike and Illustrius if you have nothing to add but lies then please do not add anything at all. If you have no life but then to lie about me then I truly feel sorry for you. If you truly believe Sarbanes-Oxley does not effect revenue reconition then I have to ask what planet you are living on? Your credibility is worthless.
    Exactly what has anyone said in this thread about you that is a "lie"?
    Can you provide one example?
    These are not lies, but facts that correct your posts.
    (Dan Rather, is that you?)

Re: feeling sorry for us, look, don't cry for me Argentina, because the only person here that deserves a little A-Team pity is you. <insert Mr. T mp3 here>

Again, your quotes betray you...

"If you truly believe Sarbanes-Oxley does not effect revenue reconition then I have to ask what planet you are living on? Your credibility is worthless"

Now, you have changed your words...before, you said the REASON for SOX was "illegal" revenue recognition, not you are saying it is AFFECTED by SOX.
    Which is it? You are flip-flopping like Frenchie Kerry. The bottom line is that SOX has NOTHING to do with revenue recognition.

I am on planet Earth, and I understand GAAP and SOX, something which appears beyond your grasp. You, on the other hand, are a TreoCentral "MM"
    gharrod I'm afraid the others are 100% right. You may have been through SOX training but I'm afraid that you either didn't pay attention or your teacher was atrocious.

You deserve everything you've gotten in this thread (and others...)

TM
    There's a PalmOne Analyst day in New York on Tuesday, October 5th that may be of interest: http://ir.palmone.com/ireye/ir_site....mo&script=2100
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Miradu,

I would appreciate it if you kept your useful information to yourself and flame people like the rest of us.

"Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    investor meeting going on now - 888.335.6680, no password needed. I missed the beginning,(joined at 4:25), but they have several times mentioned the family of Treo's...can anyone summarize the beginning if they were there.
    palmOne CEO will "not talk about a product that has not yet been announced [aka Treo 650]"

However the "family of smart phone solutions" certainly sounds like we've got some great moments ahead of us!

Cheers, W.
    This will be the last I post on this thread because I really don't have any interest in getting into it with you Gharrod. The only things I have posted in this thread are:

1) I didn't consider the first response post a flame. Since this is my OPINION...it can't really be a lie.

2) I posted you are always getting called for making BS comments and ridiculous cloak and dagger stuff. All the responses here prove that. Anyone else who thinks I am somehow lying can do a search for your user name and they will see plenty of posts BY YOU to back this up.

3) I mentioned you have said on a few occasions that you were going to leave the board because of people flaming you. Are you denying this? Again, do a search for Gharrod and you will see YOURSELF saying this in several posts.

4) I never commented on your knowledge of SOX. So I will assume the rest of your comments don't apply to me.

Would it be so hard to just admit you might not know as much on some topics as others on this board? Would it be so hard to just share information when you have it without trying to act like you are some all-knowing pompous @ss?

I really have no beef with you and if you changed the style of your posts and your responses, you might find people are a lot more willing to listen to what you have to say. Just a suggestion. You obviously operate with some level of intelligence - so trying being a little helpful and a little humble. You might find that the threads don't turn so nasty.

Miradu. Thanks for trying to stay on topic with the conference call post.
    Anyone read the transcripts from the Conference Call?

"We expect gross margins to be lower in Q2 of fiscal 2005 than the fiscal year average,
    because of holiday promotions and pricing actions related to fall product introductions and transitions. Operating expenses in Q2 of fiscal 2005 will increase sequentially both because of investments in engineering and sales and marketing, as well as because of holiday sales and marketing expenses."

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...inalscript.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Miradu,

I would appreciate it if you kept your useful information to yourself and flame people like the rest of us.

YEAH! What he said.

I was finding this thread to be very entertaining until you ruined it with your "useful information."
  12.    #32  
    That quote speaks for itself,
    Hoilday Sales Expenses = lowering the cost of the 600.
    Marketing Expenses, investments in marketing = marketing the new 650
    Investments in Engineering = engineering should be done on the 650 so thus means engineering on the remaining Family of Treo's

The 650 will be out before the shopping season begins.
    I like this quote better

"Going forward we will continue to support our strategy with the following actions: Successfully execute our Fall product launch and continue to invest against the smartphone opportunity. This investment is aimed at building a family of smartphone solutions, enhancing our out-of-box email experience and expanding the depth and breadth of our carrier relationships."
  14.    #34  
    Gharrod should be happy from the outcome of this meeting.
    Also, I believe P1's Q2 ends Nov 30th (I could be wrong - unlike others in this fourm, I often am)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12